Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A little help, please? "No toolpath created" (?!)

A little help, please? "No toolpath created" (?!)

One of the most frustrating things about working with Fusion 360 CAM is when I try to create or edit an operation & I get the error "No toolpath created". This means that SOMETHING is wrong in the operation setup.

A simple (and obvious) example is when I try to cut a slot with a tool that is too large to fit the slot. OK, I can figure that one out, but it would be far more helpful if the error said "selected tool too large", or something like that.

Far more often though, I get this useless error message, and have no clue as to where to begin to look. I have wasted hours & hours struggling to get a usable toolpath, with absolutely no help or guidance from Fusion. 

So, my idea/request is for Autodesk to provide error messages that actually provide useful information about what is wrong with the current setup. I understand that this may not be as simple to do as it sounds, but surely the software can produce more information for the user than a message that means "Nope, that didn't work. Guess again."

Alternatively, it would help if there was more complete, comprehensive documentation available on this subject. Currently the online docs provide a generic sentence or two about each available parameter. This is rarely (if ever) helpful when trying to sleuth out a "No toolpath created" error. 

I have watched every video that I can find even remotely pertaining to this subject & while each one may contain a tip or two, this is far from a comprehensive way of dealing with this issue.

The good news is that Fusion 360 already has a built-in mechanism for providing useful, in-contex information about a particular error (ie, the window that now says "No toolpath created").  Imagine how powerful this mechanism would be if it provided a message that pointed to the actual source of the error.....

1 Comment
kb9ydn
Advisor

Oh man, this totally need to be in the CAM forum!  @al.whatmough @jeff.pek

C|

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report