Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d dimensions in isometric drawings

3d dimensions in isometric drawings

It is good and important for educational and presentation use.

(It is not allow to dimension object in isometric view of drawings)

7 Comments
eduabbot
Contributor
  1. It is useful for Exam/test question setting.
  2. Student can show their design in various way.
JesseLH
Explorer

This is a big deal for me when I'm working in the shop. It's extremely helpful to have an isometric view or isometric section with accurate 3D dimensions in a drawing to get a clear read on layered or interlocking parts. It's extremely confusing to use aligned dimensions and have differwnt values show up between iso and ortho views.

see here for more discussion on the topic, includig acreenshots: 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/design-validate-document/dimensions-in-drawing-mode-not-correct/m-p/67...

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: オートデスク今後検討

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

rble
Participant

It's unimaginable this would not work. One of the fifty or so bugs that make Fusion 360 unsuitable for real projects, where you need to create documentation. As long as you stay in the virtual world, I suppose shop drawings are unnecessary.

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager

@rble, this is not a bug, but it is a feature enhancement that we have on our roadmap for future implementation. To get an up-to-date look into what the Drawings team is currently working on, you can always visit our online roadmap as well. Thank you for your patience. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to do it so easy in solidworks and I really think that to show dimensions have to be more easy for users. This is a sample of my "crack crack nut" nut cracker:crack-crack-nut  dimentions.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report