HumanIK (Read Only)
Autodesk® HumanIK® animation middleware is a runtime solution for creating believable, interactive character animation for games.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I try/license HumanIK?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Garlic207
1337 Views, 9 Replies

How can I try/license HumanIK?

How can I try/buy HumanIK?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
matthew.d
in reply to: Garlic207

Hi @Garlic207,

Welcome to the community!

HumanIK is available within Maya, it is an automatically loaded plug-in, see this Autodesk Knowledge Network article on HumanIK. Therefore, you just need to try/buy Maya.

Please accept this solution if this answers your question.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 3 of 10
Garlic207
in reply to: matthew.d

Thanks.

Are there libraries for android/ios that I can include in my game?

[cid:image001.png@01D0921F.73E89C10]
Message 4 of 10
matthew.d

Maya, which contains HumanIK is a 3D animation, modeling, simulation, and rendering software offers artists a comprehensive creative toolset. As, such you should be fine putting it on, which ever platform you like. Please note that I am not as familiar with mobile game development.

Matt DiMichele

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 5 of 10
Garlic207

http://gameware.autodesk.com/humanik/integrations

I need the Autodesk HumanIK SDK which should provide libraries to include in my game that allows the HumanIK animation information in the animations to be extracted and applied to my animations correctly. Please put me in contact with the developers if possible as they will be able to explain it.

[cid:image001.png@01D0923D.70419170]
Message 6 of 10
matthew.d

You will need the Maya Software Development Kit, as HumanIK is part of Maya. The kit you are looking for can be found in the Autodesk Developer Network here. I should rephrase my previous statement, I am familiar with using Android Studio for mobile development, just not as much with Maya and HumanIK in particular. That page will have what you need though.

Matt DiMichele

Message 7 of 10
Garlic207

Still doesn't have what I'm looking for. I'm looking for the game middleware. In your documentation it is referenced as teh "HumanIK SDK". Please put me in touch with someone on that team.
Message 8 of 10
matthew.d

There are two different versions depending on which Maya version you are running:

The HumanIK SDK exists within the Maya development kit referenced above for Maya 2015 under the following path:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya 2015\devkit\mayaHIK

For Maya 2016 you would find the Maya Development Kit here. Maya contains HumanIK.

We have reached out to the development team for you and are searching for the a standalone HumanIK SDK, to see if and where you can find that.

Matt DiMichele

Message 9 of 10
Garlic207

We have Maya, and the Maya dev kit, but what we are looking for is the games middleware for the HumanIK runtime libraries from the Autodesk GameWare product line. Specifically http://gameware.autodesk.com/humanik which is a separate product from Maya...or at least separate libraries.

[cid:image001.png@01D0931C.A95BD6C0]
Message 10 of 10
matthew.d

Hi @Garlic207,

We spoke to the developers and this is what they said (I've added some screenshots):

HIK is middleware technology we sell standalone (see http://gameware.autodesk.com/humanik). This is integrated by games and tools developers into their application. Screenshot of once you register and login:

DeveloperHumanIK.png

If the user wishes to access that SDK it can be purchased. The games team could provide details on how to do that. (either write on that forum or submit a tickt there).

Gameware_Forum.png

We’ve also integrated HIK in Maya and developed workflows to expose specific functionality. Currently there are no C++/Python OpenMaya classes that wrap HIK. In Maya you interact with HIK via the nodes we’ve created (that wrap different HIK objects) and the mel scripts we’ve written to manage those nodes.

Matt DiMichele

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report