Did you mean: 

SWARF cut, too many points?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
aewrmc
369 Views, 3 Replies

SWARF cut, too many points?

swarf.JPG

G'day, when doing a very simple (cone) swarf cut I'm getting an out put code with hundreds of lines when it should be just one B axis move and one complete C axis move. But it's breaking it up into many segments? I've tried changing the tolerance up and down but no difference. What am I doing wrong? I'm using the HAAS UMC 750 post.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Knaap
in reply to: aewrmc

I can't produce what you want (just tried using your file and a UMC post we have), you actually want to output non-5 axis toolpaths. Something Swarf can do but on thios occasion it just won't in my experience.

In my experience i just crank the tolerance up to 0.0025 and use the G187 P1.

The machine will produce a pretty smooth toolpath from what I've seen. 

I would advise to just try and mill a piece and play with Haas's G187 P* values.

One tip if you're not aware, use the tool offset in the passes tab.

Message 3 of 4
aewrmc
in reply to: Knaap

I was hoping my NC code would look something like below? Just incline the B axis and rotate the C one full revolution? Why does it need all the other C, B and Y axis moves?

Thanks.

%
O0100
G90 G94 G17
G21
G53 G0 Z0.
T1 M6
S5000 M3
G54
G0 B45. C0.
G0 X-80.711 Y0.
G43 Z150.0 H1
G0 Z20.0
G1 Z0. F1000.0
C360.0
G0 Z150.
G53 G0 Z0.
G28 G91 C0.
G90 G0 B0. C0.
M30
%

Message 4 of 4
bob.schultz
in reply to: aewrmc

The Haas UMC-750 post processor uses TCPC control, which means that the coordinates are output in the part system and not the machine system.  Taking a close look at the output coordinates, you will notice that they move around the cone.

The Haas Trunnion post does not support TCPC and you will see output more like what you are expecting, but keep in mind that the Setup origin MUST BE at the center of the table rotations when using a post without TCPC.  I changed the tolerance to .0001mm to minimize the number of points output, but you will still get some noise.

Bob Schultz
Sr. Post Processor Developer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report