Store as Template Broken - Inventor HSM 2018

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
Laurens-3DTechDraw
732 Views, 16 Replies

Store as Template Broken - Inventor HSM 2018

Hi guys,

A really really annoying issue in Inventor HSM.

Store as template doesn't work when selecting multiple operations.

Can we fix this asap?

Thanks,

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Hi Laurens -

Hmmm... I just tried this several times and don't see any issue.

From the video, it seems like sometimes it just doesn't show the file save dialog?

Any rhyme or reason to this?

Does it seem to be model-specific? Does it always work when there's only one operation selected?

Jeff

Message 3 of 17

@jeff.pek wrote:

Hi Laurens -

Hmmm... I just tried this several times and don't see any issue.

From the video, it seems like sometimes it just doesn't show the file save dialog?

Any rhyme or reason to this?

Does it seem to be model-specific? Does it always work when there's only one operation selected?

Jeff

@jeff.pek

Are you on the current official Inventor 2018 and Inventor HSM 2018 release or some internal build?

It's the same for all 4 PC's in the building and happens on all parts.

As far as I can tell it always works correctly for 1 Operation.

It doesn't show the save dialog, and thus really doesn't save it anywhere. 

Inventor HSM Build: 5.1.0.26

Inventor Build: 112 Release: 2018

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 4 of 17

Hi Laurens -

Yes, I've tried with the official build.

I saw your video show the save dialog -- it went by kind of quick -- was that with just a single op selected? Or does it work sometimes?

I'll have to take a closer look and see if there are situations that would prevent it from showing the dialog.

Jeff

Message 5 of 17

@jeff.pek

It works for one operation. That's when you see the Dialog.

But when selecting multiple operations it always fails me.

Doesn't matter if it's a new model like in the video or a imported or a 2017 model.

If I select one operation and click the store template, the GDI Objects rise for the Inventor.exe,

but when I select multiple operations I see no change there.

I can't test with Inventor 2017 with HSM 2018 because they broke that license.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 6 of 17

Hmmm. 

The GDI objects rise, and don't go back down?

What do you mean "they broke that license"? Is this related to network licensing?

Jeff

Message 7 of 17

@jeff.pek wrote:

Hmmm. 

The GDI objects rise, and don't go back down?

What do you mean "they broke that license"? Is this related to network licensing?

Jeff

Yeah, The network license issue.

I've given up getting it to work like it should. No way you can actually explain someone what there should be left and what should be included in each license and how many years back. So 2018 runs, and I pray that the releases are solid.

The GDI objects rise and go back down for 1 Operation after you close the window.

Multiple operations does nothing.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 8 of 17

Hi Laurens,

I don't see the problem on my pc. A while back in the time of perpetuals you could not mix a standalone Inventor with Network HSM or the other way around. Maybe thats still the case.

On my pc with an old school perpetual license both Inv2017 an 2018 work with HSM2018.

Inventor HSM and Fusion 360 CAM trainer and postprocessor builder in the Netherlands and Belgium.

Message 9 of 17

@Arjancncmachineworks wrote:

Hi Laurens,

I don't see the problem on my pc. A while back in the time of perpetuals you could not mix a standalone Inventor with Network HSM or the other way around. Maybe thats still the case.

On my pc with an old school perpetual license both Inv2017 an 2018 work with HSM2018.

(My License issue is in the Account not in the technical use. My PC is running fully network licensed, and I've other PC's fully on subscription)

But do you not see the store template issue when selecting multiple Operations?

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 10 of 17

As an update for everybody @jeff.pek and I have been getting to the bottom of this and it seems we have located the issue.

The guys are looking for a fix.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 11 of 17

@Laurens-3DTechDraw wrote:

As an update for everybody @jeff.pek and I have been getting to the bottom of this and it seems we have located the issue.

The guys are looking for a fix.

I'm testing the fix as we speak.Smiley Very Happy

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 12 of 17

Hi,

i've the same issue like Laurens and one more with templates ( This has already occurred with Inventor 2017 )

When i change the folder where the templates are stored then inventor crashes ( please look at the attached video ).

Regards,

Mario

InfoInventor CAM(Ultimate) user --- Inventor Professional 2021.2 + Inventor CAM Ultimate 8.1.2.21785
Message 13 of 17

Hi Lawrence I too have the same problem with selecting multiple cycles and trying to store them as a template on the inventor HSM 2018 package inventor professional HSM Pro if you guys have come up with a solution to the moment please update me I'd very much like to hear what it is. Thank you for your time.
Message 14 of 17

It's definitely fixed in the latest development release you can download here: http://cam.autodesk.com/inventor-hsm-experimental/

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 15 of 17

I'm pretty sure the fix is part of the 2018.0.1 update, so you shouldn't need the dev release.

Jeff

Message 16 of 17

@jeff.pek wrote:

I'm pretty sure the fix is part of the 2018.0.1 update, so you shouldn't need the dev release.

Jeff

Agreed, but I couldn't test so wasn't 100% sure.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 17 of 17

I downloaded the latest version again from Autodesk website and that seems to have corrected the templating problem thanks for the assistance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report