Community
HSM Support Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open passes are linked with both ways zig-zag ramp?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
RayLivingston
5346 Views, 5 Replies

Open passes are linked with both ways zig-zag ramp?

On a profile operation (milling some counterbores) I'm getting the error:

Warning: Open passes are linked with both ways zig-zag ramp.

What does this mean?

Regards,
Ray L.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi Ray,

I can't see your exact case, but in some cases it means that the toolpath generation had to do linking without ramping, eventhough the "always make contour ramp" is set, because running "both ways" is disabled.

I hope that makes sense for your particular problem ?

Kind regards,

Peter

Peter V. Pretsch
SW Development Manager
Message 3 of 6

Peter V. Pretsch wrote:

Hi Ray,

I can't see your exact case, but in some cases it means that the toolpath generation had to do linking without ramping, eventhough the "always make contour ramp" is set, because running "both ways" is disabled.

I hope that makes sense for your particular problem ?

Kind regards,

Peter

Peter,

Still not sure I completely understand, but enabling "Both Ways" did fix it.  Don't know how that got turned off....

Regards,
Ray L.
Message 4 of 6
geraldft
in reply to: RayLivingston

I've had the same thing many times.  I'm cutting out two or more large through holes from plate using 2D contour. 

The zig zag feature says it is specifically and only for multiple cuts on a single open contour, not closed ones such as big holes generally are. 

By default this setting is not selected, so it basically nags frequently, when it is not rellevant.  I'd consider it a bug...?

Message 5 of 6
hphanQ726A
in reply to: peter.pretsch

I always see this problem when I use the ramp contour, it gives me a little error but now I can get the error off by checking on the "both way". Very handy!!!

Message 6 of 6
john.ning
in reply to: RayLivingston

weird but turn on "both ways" in a 2d contour does fix the warning. the tool path is still doing one way milling but somehow fix the warning.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report