Did you mean: 

Inventor HSM 2017 Build 4.3.0.50

75 REPLIES 75
SOLVED
Message 1 of 76
scottmoyse
1528 Views, 75 Replies

Inventor HSM 2017 Build 4.3.0.50

This is the build posted on the Inventor HSM Ultimate trial download page... but trial users can't create tool holders, because of this known HSM bug that was fixed in HSMWorks last year. I'm just wondering when a new build with the fix applied will replace this current latest production build being served up to existing users via Autodesk Account and brand new prospects via the Trial download page?

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

75 REPLIES 75
Message 61 of 76
Charlie_Wright
in reply to: scottmoyse

Makko, go to Tools, application options, General and on bottom right uncheck "show my home setup" and try it.
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Win 10, Inventor HSM 2018
Message 62 of 76
Charlie_Wright

Makko, go to Tools, application options, General and on bottom right uncheck "show my home setup" and try it.
Charlie
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Message 63 of 76
scottmoyse
in reply to: jeff.pek

@jeff.pek wrote:

It will not show up under updates -- we've essentially replaced the main download in the All Products & Services area.

Depending on your contract, it *might* show up in the Autodesk Desktop App, under My Products, or it might not.

Jeff

Hi @jeff.pek the trial download page is still serving up the dodgy 4.3.0.50 build to new trial users. Any idea when this will be updated to 4.3.0.54? It's nearly been a couple of weeks now since you guys released the new build. But worse than that, they have no location to download a newer build since the only place to access it is via their Autodesk Account page, for which they won't have Inventor HSM listed yet as trial users. 

2017-03-13_11-38-45.png

Scott Moyse
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 64 of 76
scottmoyse
in reply to: makko74

@makko74 wrote:

PS: our parts are stored on the firm-server, not local on the harddrive  (Perhaps it is also due to this, i dont know )

Making Inventor read files over a network is a really bad idea for performance, stability and collaboration reasons. You should be working on local copies.... so ideally you should be using Vault Basic as a minimum just to manage file ownership and the movement of Inventor files from your File Server to your users' local hard drive. If anyone has ever said working over the network with Inventor is ok, then you've been badly informed/advised.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 65 of 76
makko74

Hi Scott,

thanks for explaining, was a bit unhappy formulated by me.

A bit more precise:

Our Files are in the Vault ( 7 Smiley LOL ), Construction side.

My Files ( CAM side, one man department ) derived Files from the Vault Files are stored on the same Server ( not in the Vault, the construction does not want that because I always put the parts first on tolerance center before i start ), offline available ( synchronized when logging on ) , so i work with the files in the local offline cache.

@Charlie_Wright

For now, almost one week, your tip with the home screen seems to work, no crashes so far. Thank you.

Mario

InfoInventor CAM(Ultimate) user --- Inventor Professional 2021.2 + Inventor CAM Ultimate 8.1.2.21785
Message 66 of 76
jeff.pek

That should have happened already. Thanks for letting me know.

Jeff

Message 67 of 76
jeff.pek
in reply to: Charlie_Wright

Hi there -

Could you PM me your e-mail address? I have a patched DLL that may help address some of these issues.

I'll give you link to a Box folder where you can get the patch to try.

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 68 of 76
Charlie_Wright

@jeff.pek
So far so good. Worked on all day no crashes even with my home screen working.

Message 69 of 76
Charlie_Wright

@jeff.pek

Crashes when using UCS

Message 70 of 76
jeff.pek
in reply to: Charlie_Wright

Hi Charlie -

Is this a new issue with the patch installed?

Have you submitted the crash report?

How reproducible is this? Can you describe the steps to make it happen?

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 71 of 76
Charlie_Wright

Jeff yes it is new, and yes almost every time I click on UCS by accident and then click the back button. First couple times it did not generate a report I just sent one end just now

Message 72 of 76
Charlie_Wright

Jeff I noticed it only does it and parts not in assemblies

Message 73 of 76
makko74

@jeff.pek

Hi Jeff,

here now as promised my feedback to the patch...

I'm thrilled, thanks, not a single crash this week, I think the error was found and is fixed.

Regards,

Mario

InfoInventor CAM(Ultimate) user --- Inventor Professional 2021.2 + Inventor CAM Ultimate 8.1.2.21785
Message 74 of 76
jeff.pek
in reply to: makko74

Hi,

Thanks for confirming!

We are working on getting patches in place in Inventor and Inventor HSM to officially put these fixes in place.

Jeff

Message 75 of 76
ArjanDijk

I'm getting an error when trying a tool-sheet with Z level probing. on 4.3.0.50. Every other probing operation is ok.

Is this the same with you?

Information: Configuration: Tool Sheet
Information: Vendor: Autodesk
Information: Posting intermediate data to 'C:\Users\Arjan\AppData\Local\Inventor HSM\nc\1001.html'
Error: Failed to post process. See below for details.
Code page changed to '1252  (ANSI - Latijns I)'
Start time: Monday, March 27, 2017 9:33:56 PM
Code page changed to '65001 (UTF-8)'
Post processor engine: 4.2.1 41279
Configuration path: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor HSM\Posts\tool-sheet.cps
Include paths: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor HSM\Posts
Configuration modification date: Thursday, December 22, 2016 3:48:58 PM
Output path: C:\Users\Arjan\AppData\Local\Inventor HSM\nc\1001.html
Checksum of intermediate NC data: da93c48f4abf46feace1e61ba02ba005
Checksum of configuration: 5d33744fa84126a130d32611bde0ed79
Vendor url: http://www.autodesk.com
Legal: Copyright (C) 2012-2016 by Autodesk, Inc.
Generated by: Inventor HSM Pro 4.3.0.050
Error: Error: Internal error.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Stack dump:
("Internal error.")@:0
onClose()@C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor HSM\Posts\tool-sheet.cps:189

Failed while processing onSectionEnd() for record 273.
Error: Failed to invoke function 'onClose'.
Error: Failed to invoke 'onClose' in the post configuration.
Error: Failed to execute configuration.
Stop time: Monday, March 27, 2017 9:33:56 PM
Post processing failed.

Inventor HSM and Fusion 360 CAM trainer and postprocessor builder in the Netherlands and Belgium.

Message 76 of 76
fonsecr
in reply to: ArjanDijk

The setup sheets were fixed recently and the latest versions in the post library should be working:

https://cam.autodesk.com/posts/

The posts included in the installation will be updated at next opportunity.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report