Did you mean: 

Inventor HSM 2017 Build 4.3.0.50

75 REPLIES 75
SOLVED
Message 1 of 76
scottmoyse
1605 Views, 75 Replies

Inventor HSM 2017 Build 4.3.0.50

This is the build posted on the Inventor HSM Ultimate trial download page... but trial users can't create tool holders, because of this known HSM bug that was fixed in HSMWorks last year. I'm just wondering when a new build with the fix applied will replace this current latest production build being served up to existing users via Autodesk Account and brand new prospects via the Trial download page?

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

75 REPLIES 75
Message 2 of 76
jeff.pek
in reply to: scottmoyse

Hi Scott -

Not sure I'm following. This build is the latest build, and is available (I think) in all available locations. If not, I'd like to know where it's not showing up.

But maybe you're asking when this issue will be fixed (which is reasonable). Do you know if a ticket has been created for this?

Are you saying that this happens any time that you try to edit or create a tool holder?

Just tried this here locally, and this was fine.

Jeff

Message 3 of 76
scottmoyse
in reply to: jeff.pek

Yes it's availalable in all locations. Here is a screencast for you to check: http://autode.sk/2kra08r

Are you really using build 4.3.0.050 and not getting this issue?

Scott Moyse
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 4 of 76
jeff.pek

I'm not using that build exactly. Will check in the morning

Can you confirm my understanding of the symptoms?

Jeff

Message 5 of 76
scottmoyse

This is the first Inventor HSM build that has had that issue. If you get it installed you will be able to replicate it. I don't see anyway in this thread where you are clearly explaining what you believe the symptoms to be. But the Screencast I shared does show them.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 6 of 76
jeff.pek

OK. My understanding was that editing ANY holder would result in the error.

Interestingly, I do see this problem with the built-in holders in a release build. I don't see this in a debug build.

I'll get this reported and fixed.

Jeff

Message 7 of 76
scottmoyse

Thankyou my experience is it's wth any holder.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 8 of 76
jeff.pek

Hi again,

Turns out this was reported earlier as CAM-6574, and has been fixed already, which is why I didn't see when I tested an internal build.

The current plan is to release a fix for this as part of Inventor HSM 2018. This is pretty serious, though, so we need to consider an earlier fix.

Jeff

Message 9 of 76
scottmoyse

Yeah. Waiting 2 months for that isn't really acceptable for the current trial build of the product. It shouldn't have even crept into that build when it was a known issue that had already been fixed in HSMWorks.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 10 of 76
jeff.pek

I hear you, and agree. We're trying to figure out how to deal with this.

Jeff

Message 11 of 76
scottmoyse

Thanks I appreciate it.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 12 of 76
Charlie_Wright

I reported this on 2/8/17

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/hsm-beta-testing-english-deutsch/tool-holder-error/td-p/6863701

charlie

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Win 10, Inventor HSM 2018
Message 13 of 76
jeff.pek
in reply to: Charlie_Wright

We are pulling together a "hotfix" update to address this, and a handful of other high priority issues.

I can't give an exact date -- we have some things to pull together and organize, but it will sooner than later -- ideally well before the end of this month.

Jeff

Message 14 of 76
scottmoyse
in reply to: Charlie_Wright

@Charlie_Wright I linked to your post in my OP.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 15 of 76
rgollob

Is there a way to reinstall an older build while your figuring out how to get it together? This is a huge issue that shouldn't wait for a major software release! 

Message 16 of 76
jeff.pek
in reply to: rgollob

We have completed the fix, and it should show up live in the Account Portal on Monday.

We are having some issues getting things synched up for the Autodesk Desktop App, so depending on what you have installed, it may not show up as an update there.

We really don't have a good way to make older builds available.

Jeff

Message 17 of 76
scottmoyse

Hi Jeff,

Why can't older builds be listed here on the forums? Like Al has suggested for the Dev Builds?

Also great work on getting the fix out. Is it a hotfix or a whole new build? How will trial users know they need to apply a hotfix, if it is just a hotfix...

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 18 of 76
jeff.pek

Well, I suppose they could, though it's non-standard. Trying to cut down on the amount of extra effort that we need to put in for rare (hopefully) situations. If it's a real need, then we could try to find mechanisms to support it.

This is a full build, as usual. Trial and Express downloads will be updated to the new build.

Jeff

Message 19 of 76
scottmoyse

Sweet. I'm glad it's a full build.

Regarding old versions.. hopefully just having the dev builds available will be good enough to access previous/old builds.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 20 of 76

@scottmoyse wrote:
Sweet. I'm glad it's a full build.

Regarding old versions.. hopefully just having the dev builds available will be good enough to access previous/old builds.

From experience, I know that official builds in HSMWorks are released a development version first.

So if that is going to happen for Inventor HSM too it would solve that problem too.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report