HSMWorks toolbars not functioning in solidworks 2016

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
rimele
1058 Views, 9 Replies

HSMWorks toolbars not functioning in solidworks 2016

Good morning!

We use both Solidworks and HSMWorks here at the University I work at.  Our labs function just fine using network licensing.  I, however have standalone versions for Solidworks 2016 and HSMWorks. 

I have standalone software so that I can access the software outside of the University network.  I live 50 miles from here.  I work ALOT from home on evenings and weekends. 

My installation 'works' but I cannot access much of the operations from the CAM toolbar in HSMWorks.  There are SOME operations that appear when you select, say, "Drilling", but not all availalbe operations are in the drop down.  I can't see anything in 2D or 3D.  I am using Solidworks 2016.  this particular issue was identical with the older version of HSMWorks that was installed on my system.  I upgraded to the current version last week and installed that hoping that would resolve the issue, it didn't.

I have to right click 'Job', select New Operation and then go through the menus that way.  However, only those operations that I can't access from the toolbars are available there.  So, in the Drilling menu from the toolbar 'Drill' and 'Drill Wizard' are there, so they don't appear when I try to access them from the menu available by right clicking Job.

I'm trying to create screen capture tutorials for some of my classes.  I currently can't.

I did some searching and didn't find this particular issue in my searches.  I was hoping this was something that just requires a setting adjustment somewhere......but I can't find it. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Steinwerks
in reply to: rimele

Have you tried resetting the Toolbars to Default? I know this came up for someone else recently, I'll see if I can find the thread.

http://help.solidworks.com/2016/English/SolidWorks/sldworks/HIDD_CUSTOMIZE_TOOLBARS.htm

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 3 of 10
rimele
in reply to: Steinwerks

I will take a look at that as soon as I am able to get into my office this afternoon.

I don't customize any of my settings or toolbars in Solidworks so that my settings match those within our labs.  I have to use a bone stock install so everyone can follow what I do. 

Thanks for your reply.  Hope this will take care of it and I can get some videos made for the class.

Eric

Message 4 of 10
rimele

Had a few minutes between classes and tried resetting to defaults, even though, technically, I only use the default.

Sadly, that had no effect on the issue.

Eric

Message 5 of 10
Steinwerks

I'm having trouble finding that thread I talked about.

@jeff.pek was there a fix for this? I feel like there was but I don't remember what.

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 6 of 10
jeff.pek
in reply to: Steinwerks

This doesn't ring a bell with me, but I've sent it out to a couple other folks, to see if they have any ideas.

Jeff

Message 7 of 10
jeff.pek
in reply to: jeff.pek

I wonder if this article would be helpful:

http://blogs.solidworks.com/tech/2014/09/resetting-the-solidworks-registry.html

Jeff

Message 8 of 10
scottmoyse
in reply to: jeff.pek

@jeff.pek wrote:

I wonder if this article would be helpful:

http://blogs.solidworks.com/tech/2014/09/resetting-the-solidworks-registry.html

Jeff

From memory this is the way to do it.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 9 of 10
rimele
in reply to: scottmoyse

I started down this path and I thought:  at the point I'm messing around with my Registry, perhaps I should just hand this to our IT department. 

Thanks for everyone's efforts here.  I'll give this a shot, or ask our IT department to do it and track it as a solution if the issue comes up again.  If it resolves the issue, I'll post another reply.

Eric

Message 10 of 10
rimele

The above Registry fix did the trick.

Thanks for the assistance!

Eric

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report