Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSMWorks 2020

51 REPLIES 51
Message 1 of 52
electromechanica
3019 Views, 51 Replies

HSMWorks 2020

I just happened to take a look at the HSMworks release notes and saw that "surprise!", HSMworks 2020 had been released a few weeks ago.  I didn't see any announcment that 2020 had been release.  

Looking over the updates/fixes, I am quite disappointed to not see any new features added.  

I know @al.whatmough mentioned in his AU presentation that Fusion was going to start progressing much faster than HSMworks.  Does this mean that no new features will be coming to HSMWorks?  

One thing that I found interesting in the release notes: It says that Fusion360 subscribers are now entitled to download & use HSMWorks.  

Does this mean that I can now simply pay the $495/year fusion subscription to gain access to HSMWorks, instead of the full product design & manufacturing collection?  

51 REPLIES 51
Message 41 of 52
Fully_Defined
in reply to: Tianq

I did that right after I posted earlier, and I edited my reply to reflect that. It executed successfully.

Anyway, NOTHING HAS WORKED. I have literally tried everything. Any more ideas?

Message 42 of 52
Tianq
in reply to: Fully_Defined

It sounds a new issue that needs investigate. A remote session could help understand what is the issue. PM me if it works for you.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave (Qing) Tian

Sr. Software Engineer

Message 43 of 52

I can also confirm that I am experiencing the same issue. No tool path icons in the ribbon.

Message 44 of 52

Not sure if this is related to the tool path issue or not, but when I opened a part I programmed with HSMEspress all of the operations are locked. Also Stock Simulation won't run but the Simulation will.

Message 45 of 52
jeff.pek
in reply to: ConvexMachine

Hi all -

There appears to be a legitimate problem with the version of HSMWORKS that uses the Fusion entitlement. It apparently is only allowing drilling-related operations. 

We are working hard to track down what happened here, and will be releasing a new version ASAP.

Meanwhile, the best I can suggest is to obtain and install a trial of HSMWorks Ultimate, using this link:

https://dds.autodesk.com/NetSWDLD/2020/HSMPRM/7B2004DD-009C-47A0-9027-657D4D0A8A12/SFX/HSMWorks_2020...

You can use the trial path to get a 30-day working copy of the software. Note that I believe you still need to go through the "Enter Serial Number" path at startup to get into the supported trial.

I'm really embarrassed by this, and apologize for the inconvenience, both for the inability to get the software started at all, and now for this next obstruction.

Jeff

Message 46 of 52
ConvexMachine
in reply to: jeff.pek

Jeff,

Do you have a timeline for the release of the updated version? Thanks for all of your help through this.

Message 47 of 52
jeff.pek
in reply to: ConvexMachine

I can't give you a firm estimate, but I'm hoping it's a matter of days. We want to make sure that any update that we post -- whether it's a patch or a full install -- can be updated in the future, and obviously want to make sure it's a complete fix, without extra "surprises".

Jeff

Message 48 of 52
Tianq

Hi All,

Here is the new download link for the HSMWorks with Fusion Entitlement - https://up.autodesk.com/2020/HSMWKS/1EE6FEB9-5AF8-4D66-AF51-7446D8DC62B3/HSMWorks_FE_2020_ML_FE_Win_...

Make sure you uninstall the existing one before installing the new one.

And let us know if you still have an issue to use.

Regards,

Dave

Dave (Qing) Tian

Sr. Software Engineer

Message 49 of 52
kirk
in reply to: Tianq

This has fixed my issue with only having drilling operations.

It appears to be working fine now.

Thank you

Message 50 of 52
tts197
in reply to: kirk

I have been successfully using the trial version for the past week.

I uninstalled, restarted, did a fresh install from my Autodesk account, and once loaded in I have no tool-paths.

I am no longer receiving the "failed to validate license" but still don't have any operations to choose from. As a matter of fact the ones created with the trial are all highlighted in pink now and have a lock symbol applied to them in the cam tree.

Message 51 of 52
jeff.pek
in reply to: tts197

Did you download install the later build from the post above?

What build are you working in at the moment?

Jeff

Message 52 of 52
tts197

Jeff,

I apologize in my haste i missed your instructions to use the download link provided.

I'm up and running, thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report