Did you mean: 

How to calculate the Optimal Load for Adaptive Clearing

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Aadithya01
7932 Views, 10 Replies

How to calculate the Optimal Load for Adaptive Clearing

Hey Guys,

I was at the OTX Thailand last month and during one of the technical sessions I came to know the power of Adaptive Clearing in Fusion 360 . Here in my region there are lots of pattern makers whose components sizes are considerably big and there will be lots of hours spent by them to just do the roughing operation . Usually they use pocket clearing for roughing operations. But I am sure with Adaptive clearing they will be able to save lots of time. 

So from my end I would like to do some homework in the implementation of Adaptive Clearing at their end . And my question is how do you determine the Optimal Load and Maximum Roughing stepdown for workpieces like Aluminium , Hardened steel (HRC upto 47) and for various other materials .

Can anyone share your experience ? and is there any material where I can refer to in implementing adaptive clearing.   

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
ArjanDijk
in reply to: Aadithya01

All depends on machine, material and used tool.

Take for example Fraisa NB-NVDS P8200.391 (8mm mill meanth for adaptive) defines 2 feeds and speeds. One for High power/stable machines(3 axis): Ap=19mm Ae=2mm(25%) 6800RPM, 2700 mm/min. One for Low Power machines with wide spindlespeed range(5 axis). Ap=19mm Ae=0,8mm(10%) 9000rpm, 6800 mm/min. 

http://www.fraisa.com/toolexpert-hdc/en/

I'm working with some toolsupplier so I hear their stories. The full-time machinists can probably give you more insights. I personally like working with high feeds and speeds with smaller Ae because of the chips that get thrown away and don't stay in the pocket.

Inventor HSM and Fusion 360 CAM trainer and postprocessor builder in the Netherlands and Belgium.

Message 3 of 11
Steinwerks

I HIGHLY recommend HSMAdvisor: http://hsmadvisor.com/

You can set up machine parameters to help calculate nominal feeds and speeds for the application, the database has tons of materials and tool settings can be adjusted quite a bit to obtain desired results.

No affiliation, just a very satisfied customer.

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 4 of 11

There are no dumb questions in the world, but not all questions can be asked by all people.

@al.whatmough @jeff.pek 

Pretty sure you understand what I mean here.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Message 5 of 11
zero_divide

but i do not know what you mean 😞
Message 6 of 11

Hey @zero_divide

Can you tell me what you didn't understand

Message 7 of 11

@Laurens-3DTechDraw: I also have a vague idea what you mean, but maybe you can explain it, so I can check my assumption.

@aadithyasathya94 @Aadithya01: Is this the same person?

Inventor HSM and Fusion 360 CAM trainer and postprocessor builder in the Netherlands and Belgium.

Message 8 of 11

As you may have assumed I was talking about how internally things are handled, specifically regarding training, sales, knowledge transfer, and re-sellers.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Message 9 of 11
Aadithya01
in reply to: ArjanDijk

Hey @ArjanDijk - Yup same person 

Message 10 of 11
ArjanDijk

@Aadithya01 Ok, then kill one of the accounts for clearity reason

Message 11 of 11
Aadithya01
in reply to: ArjanDijk

@ArjanDijk Ha ha - will do 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report