Community
HSM Support Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Fusion) Extensions coming to the other CAM/HSM software?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Knaap
654 Views, 5 Replies

(Fusion) Extensions coming to the other CAM/HSM software?

So, like the title asks, will Steep and Shallow and the other features like hole recognition come to the other systems?

Short and easy to awnser I think right?

Thanks!

|Mischa 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jeff.pek
in reply to: Knaap

This has been covered in some other threads.

Short answer is that at this point, there is not a plan to bring over those capabilities.

Jeff

Message 3 of 6
Knaap
in reply to: jeff.pek

Ok, thanks for answering my question and in the same time, confirm the fear of many HSM/CAM users.

Message 4 of 6
jason29

Jeff,

So basically, what you are saying is, Autodesk doesn't care even the slightest bit about its paying customers?  The paying customers who pay more money for the design and manufacturing collection in order to use inventor HSM?  The paying customers who have more than likely been with autodesk longer than any Fusion user? And Autodesk expects these disgruntled customers to make the switch over to their fusion platform?????  I wish autodesk would just come out and say "F inventor, we're done with it." Instead they just keep stringing along its users.  

Message 5 of 6
hhuberNLUDS

Do you have the links that explain what capabilities/improvements are coming to Inventor CAM and can they be add as a sticky?

My understanding was all 3 products would share the same capabilities.

Any plans to have following capabilities added to Inventor CAM;

- Trim of tool path (which can be done in HSMworks)

- Blend operation

- Multi-axis morph operation

- Improved 5 axis tilting tool path (more operation types supporting and more control to contain the motion)

- Updated tool library (ability to add multiple cut types and materials for same tool)

- Machine simulation

- Hole recognition

- Steep and shallow

Or has development stopped and the focus is only on Fusion360 as not to compete with Autodesks other CAM packages such as FeatureCAM and PowerMill?

Message 6 of 6
JoeBarnes4076
in reply to: hhuberNLUDS

Here is the roadmap from Al Whatmough @ AU : https://www.autodesk.com/autodesk-university/class/CAM-Road-Map-Discussion-2018#video

From the video, Fusion 360 Manufacturing is the main focus moving forward and eventually will pull away from the others as new features are added.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report