Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drill Block

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
franktpw
1118 Views, 22 Replies

Drill Block

We have a CNC Router - CR Onsrud - with both a spindle and a drill block.  When I call for tools (T1 - T8) the machine knows that I'm calling for the spindle and everything works out fine.  When I'm calling for T32 - T40, the machine knows that I'm calling for a drill and drops the appropriate drill head - but the entire drill block is positioned so that T36 is in the spot that the hole is to be drilled in - ie. the tool in the corner of the block (T36) is located where the hole to be drilled is located.  But what I would like is to have the particular drill that I have called located where the hole is to be drilled.  Is there some way to call this out in the tool library (eg. T35 is 32mm in the negative X direction from T36, while T38 is 64mm in the positive Y direction from T36) or is this best accomplished in the post processor?  If in the post processor, is there someone out there who has this working in their post processor who could snip out the java script and send it to me with a quick explanation of where in the post it was located?  I know that I'll have to do some work to make it work for my particular machine, but this would be a great foundation starting point for me!  Thanks in advance!

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
parobillard
in reply to: franktpw

fOUND THE PROBLEM!

i'LL POST A FIX LATER TODAY!

Message 22 of 23
parobillard
in reply to: parobillard

This one should work both mm and inch

I found there is a bug somewhere in the postprocess getFramePosition() function

setTranslation is ALWAYS mm except for getFramePosition()

So I had to make a bypass

Message 23 of 23
parobillard
in reply to: parobillard

You will need to be carefull if they patch getFramePosition() the post I've send you will not work anymore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report