Did you mean: 

Analyzing model for drilling geometry crashes SW

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
pablo.v
562 Views, 4 Replies

Analyzing model for drilling geometry crashes SW

I see a lot of people having trouble with the model analyze on generating a drilling toolpath, but even defaulting to not check geometry leads to the same results. Unfortunately I had to start on a non-native x_t file, which has approximately 13,000 surfaces and there are about 1,000 holes. Is there anyway to disable this deep analyze?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Matthew-R
in reply to: pablo.v

@pablo.v

Thanks for posting and for your information, the development team is working on this.  They have an open task to address large models and for your future reference that case number is CAM-7200.  We don't have a hard timeline or specific feature for improvement, but if you do want an update on this in the future you can reference the case number.  

Other suggestions to improve performance and to not analyze model geometry would be to leave the model geometry out of the setup and potentially use sketches to drive some of your operations.  Along with a well equipped work station, these are some suggestions for improving performance.

Here's a good article on our suggested system requirements.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcartic...

Thanks! 

Message 3 of 5
lenny_1962

@pablo.v

Your talking about SolidWorks and HSMWorks, correct?

Message 4 of 5
pablo.v
in reply to: lenny_1962

Yes, I am. Really just looking to posit (to my ops manager) that the generic low end Dells we are using are nowhere near sufficient for the work they want done, while at the same time trying to find a way to work with what we have. I just took it to my home workstation and let it chug out the calculations, so it seems to be more of a hardware issue than anything.

Message 5 of 5
lenny_1962

It is also the graphic card that will help move it along when using SW, onboard video hinders large files with a crap load of holes

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report