Community
HSM Post Processor Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post pocessor for BEAMICON2 (SW) for TripleBeast, NetBob, CncPod and IoExt (HW)

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
3914 Views, 11 Replies

Post pocessor for BEAMICON2 (SW) for TripleBeast, NetBob, CncPod and IoExt (HW)

Dear post processors programmers! Beamicon2 is a fantastic CNC software for the outstanding CNC hardware TripleBeast, NetBob, CncPod and IoExt from Benezan Electronics. Beamicon2 is comparable with Mach3/4, EdingCNC etc. Beamicon2 uses advanced G-Code (DIN/ISO 66025 / RS274). Beamicon2 has an excellent(!) documentation (german) you can find here: - Referenzhandbuch -> http://benezan-electronics.de/manuals/Beamicon2_Referenzhandbuch.pdf (G-Code page 23) - Benutzerhandbuch -> http://benezan-electronics.de/manuals/Beamicon2_Benutzerhandbuch.pdf Plaese make us a post for Beamicon2! Thank you so much! Niklas Headline: Post pocessor for BEAMICON2 (SW) for TripleBeast, NetBob, CncPod and IoExt (HW) Tags: post, processor, CNC, Beamicon2, Benezan Electronics, TripleBeast, NetBob, CncPod, IoExt
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
skidsolo
in reply to: Anonymous

I had a quick read of the reference handbookl, and saw that this could be programmed with our generic RS274 post processor. this is installed with the software.

Andrew W. Software engineer (CAM Post Processors)
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: skidsolo

Andrew, thank you for you response! I'm sorry to tell you that I've had bad experiences with RS274 post processor in Beamicon2. A first reason is that Beamicon2 doesn't expect a G17, G18 or G19 command in the beginning of the nc file. But for this it expects at least 2 parameters of an IJK arc. I hope you can follow?!? Most likely there are still other problems. From the developer of Beamicon2 I just heard that they are working on a post processor in Fusion 360. Is it right that Fusion 360 uses the same post processors like HSMWorks / HSMXpress / Inventor HSM / Inventor HSM Express? If so, it would be a perfect moment to get in contact with this colleague. His contact datas are: Nicolas Benezan info@benezan-electronics.de +49 (0) 7457 / 9463650 It - no, you - would be so great if you give a chance to that request! Thank you so much! Niklas
Message 4 of 12
skidsolo

Yes that is correct Fusion uses the same post processor as Inventor HSM and HSMWorks . I will reachout to the contact you gave me.

Get Outlook for iOS<>
Message 5 of 12
skidsolo

I made and tested a beta post for Beamicon2. You can help to test it, please use caution. There is a user property when posting for the Z retract height thats default to 20 mm. 

Here is a screen shot of my test:

Screen Shot 2016-07-22 at 1.46.40 PM.png

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

Great!!! You make me so happy! I just tested your beta post (beamicon2_rs274_R3x.cps) in demo mode of Beamicon2. A first issue I believe to see is that zRetract won't work with G53 command. As I understand the intention of zRetract, it should raise up z-axis in the beginning, between tool changes and at the end. If so, it needs a G53 command in the same command line. Possibly there is an unnecessary command line after tool changes, i.e.: "G0 G43 Z1.5 H23". I'm still not very experienced with the tool change procedure in Beamicon2 because my cnc machine is very new. But as I certainly know, the compensation of different tool heights manages the tool change macro in Beamicon2 which automatically detects tool changes and starts the macro. Maybe it's a good case to contact the developer. Unfortunately I'm very busy for the next 6 weeks. So if you won't get a quick answer from me for the next time, dont think there is not enough interest for that toppic. Thank you very much so far, Andrew! Best regards, Niklas PS: You can check the attached nc code I've generated with your post.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

I don't know why my postings lose their formatting. And I don't see my attached nc file in my previous posting furthermore. Search, options and other funtionalities seem to be disabled. So don't wonder about my strange postings...
Message 8 of 12
skidsolo

I revised the retract to use G53 Z0. Think according to the documentation G43 is valid for tool length compensation. I sent this post to the developer also.

Message 9 of 12
Laurens-3DTechDraw

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't know why my postings lose their formatting. And I don't see my attached nc file in my previous posting furthermore. Search, options and other funtionalities seem to be disabled. So don't wonder about my strange postings...

Are you replying by e-mail? Or on the forum?

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Message 10 of 12
skidsolo

When I tested this on the software in demo mode, I found you do need the G0 with the G53.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

Hello Andrew, hello Laurens! I'm sorry for that long delay. I've tested your latest post (beamicon2_rs274_R3x.cps ‏26 KB). Now everything works fine! Thank you so much for that! I don't know if there was a coorperation with Benezan Electronics but they also published a post processor. The similarity to your post is seriously. Is it because of your posts are a modification of the RS274 post? But the main difference between your both posts is that Benezans post write the canned cycles as canned cycles commands (eg. G80, G83) and not as seperate movement commands (eg. G1, G0). This I prefer more. You can see here: http://benezan-electronics.de/BeamiForum/index.php/topic,136.0.html And now about the problem with the busted formatting (unbroken text). No, I use an ordinary PC with Firefox browser and I write inside the forum. The problem still exists (you'd have to see a long unbroken text). Best regards, Niklas
Message 12 of 12

Yes I worked with Nicolas benezan. here is the last email he sent me.

we have tested the postprocessor and have found no problem. So I think
we can publish it.

Just one minor issue: One of our customers has sent us a program. I
think he used a PP version he has created on his own. It contained lines
like this:

N870 X35.524 Y278.295
N875 X35.069 Y272.897 (several mm per segment, small angles)
N880 X35.068 Y272.891
N885 X34.147 Y262.36 (and now...)
N890 X34.146 Y262.357 (... only 3µm, rounding error -> 15° angle)
N895 X33.239 Y252.124
N900 X32.801 Y247.099
N905 X32.379 Y242.121

The tiny line segments with less than 10µm length results in rounding
errors so that the software thinks that there is a sharp bend. If a
certain threshold is reached the software inserts a
deceleration/acceleration ramp which slows down the machining process
and causes unwanted jerks even if the rest of the toolpath curve is very
smooth.

I think this should not happen with the current PP version as it has

minimumChordLength = spatial(0.01, MM);

in it. But just to be sure I changed the precision of the XYZ output to
four decimals:

var xyzFormat = createFormat({decimals:4});

Additionally I changed the Beamicon2 software to ignore very short lines
that are much shorter than the toolpath tolerance.

Best regards

Nicolas Benezan

--
Benezan Electronics, Mötzinger Str. 11, D-72108 Rottenburg Baisingen
CNC- und Steuerungstechnik, Elektronikentwicklung

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report