Did you mean: 

No Coolant Control w Easel Post Processor

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
justincomisk
451 Views, 3 Replies

No Coolant Control w Easel Post Processor

I have two IOT relays wired to control both the spindle and dust collection for my cnc. I'm using the M8 coolant output on the brain to activate the vacuum relay. Both these relays works great, but the vac turns on then quickly back off. I think problem is Fusion 360 inserts a M9 'coolant off' at the start of the .nc code, so the vacuum turns off before milling starts. I have flood coolant enabled in the tool library for the end mill. I attached the PP and a sample .nc code.

I would like the coolant to turn on with the tool at the beginning, and off at the end of the code.

How do I modify the post processor to allow coolant control? Can I make the default be 'On'?

X carve cnc, Easel post processor, Fusion 360 CAM, 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

I've generated the code with your post and I did get the M8 as you can see on the attached screenshot.

sssssssssss.png

If you want to exclude M9 at the beginning, search for this code in your post:

if (insertToolCall) {
    retracted = true;
    onCommand(COMMAND_COOLANT_OFF);

and change it to:

if (insertToolCall) {
    retracted = true;
    //onCommand(COMMAND_COOLANT_OFF);

Ivan Stanojevic

Message 3 of 4

Thanks that worked, woohoo! I initially tried changing the variable to coolant on. I also tried switching the numbers 8 and 9 in the coolantmap function, but nope. I'm a noob 😊 I'm still not getting an M8, but the gcode sender Easel does that before it runs the Fusion code.

Thanks again, Justin
Message 4 of 4

Well, I'm glad it worked.
Regards

Ivan Stanojevic

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report