Did you mean: 

my k values are coming as negative but my machine needs positive k values

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ahmad.blueeyes
297 Views, 4 Replies

my k values are coming as negative but my machine needs positive k values

Dear users and support team,

I have started using inventor HSM recently, and I faced many problems with post process and .CPS file. I have changed the file according to my cnc need but I couldn't figure out how to keep K values positive. when I make nc file all the values are negative and they conflict with my cnc brain.
I have attached CPS file if someone needs to have a look at it. its in a .txt format.
if required I am using Fagor 8025 M controller on Laguna turret mill.

Ps I am totally new at Autodesk forum or to say at any forum it took me a while to understand what to do or how. please help me with the above mentioned problem

Thanks
Muhammad Ahmad

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi

Can you send the nc file directly from the post and the right way you want it please?

Message 3 of 5

I have attached the .nc file as text file. please have a look.

if you see line 14 of the file at the end there is a value of k as K-0.056 as soon as my cnc reaches this line, Boom I get error number 17

which states "Negative or too large thread pitch value." so I am assuming its only because of negative.

but then again if you check the line 93 up to 104 there k values are normally positive. I don't get it.

with generic fagor.cps file I made a change in line 884, where it gives x, y, I, j, z, feed output format. I added koutput.format.

I had to make this change due to the reason I was getting syntax error as my cnc accepts this format below.

helical interpolation.JPGhelical example.JPG

there is a pdf file that helps you to make nc program manually these pics are from there. if you want I can maybe upload it here if this forum lets me.

thanks.

Message 4 of 5

I think your problem is koutput.format is NOT the pitch needed by your CNC

I think you will have to use:

if (hasParameter('operation:threadPitch')) {

var k = getParameter('operation:threadPitch');

}

something like that

Message 5 of 5

where should I put this I have no idea.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report