Did you mean: 

Looking to hire someone to mod a Shopbot post processor

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
whizbanger
458 Views, 6 Replies

Looking to hire someone to mod a Shopbot post processor

Anyone interested in making a couple of small mods to my PostP for me for a few bucks?  As a novice F360 user I'd also appreciate any advice that might enlighten me on this subject. 

My cut file creation settings
- I use all the default settings except 'SB3 V3.6 or greater' = 'No' (even though I run 3.6.44).  I found this creates the most usable cut files.
Create cut file settings.jpg

My current PostP (attached)
- Is a lightly edited copy of F360's 'ShopBot OpenSBP' with these being the only changes I've made. 
my PP changes.png

Problems I'd like fixed
1) Remove unwanted JH & J5 jogs
- I manually delete these from every cut file
Remove jogs.jpg

2) X & Y feeds (possibly Z also) limited to 3 IPS
- For some reason my cut files are limited to 3 IPS (180 IPM) regardless of what feeds are set to in F360.  ie: This TP's feed is set to 270 IPM (4.5 IPS) in F360, but the cut file is only 3 IPS
F360 Feed.jpg  Cut file feed.jpg

Second Z axis router
- My 3 axis CNC has two Z axis routers, which I often use with other CAM apps (ie: head 1 [Z] for routing, head 2 [A] for drilling).  I believe the PostP's for those apps use to the X Y offsets in my machine's config file (CN90).  Is it possible to add this functionality to a F360 PostP & then somehow define those setups in CAM?

Cheers,
Daren
Daren
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Mattxer
in reply to: whizbanger

Can you please add a demo fusion file (with some toolpaths) so I can check the output/Verify?

Matt Smith
Software Engineer - MSmithDev - https://msmithdev.com/
CAD/CAM/CNC - Micro Insert Inc. - https://microinsertinc.com/
Message 3 of 7
whizbanger
in reply to: Mattxer

Absolutely@Mattxer, here it is along with a cut file for the 1st TP.

Daren
Message 4 of 7
whizbanger

Visual Studio Code

While searching for ways to resolve this myself I came across a very interesting video from NYCCNC where John explains how to use Visual Studio Code to modify his PostP files.  I love the way it shows live editing of the PostP next to the linked cut file.  I tried for several hours to get it to work with Shopbot's SBP files as opposed to him working with NC files, but I couldn't figure it out.  I'd be willing to pay someone to assist me in setting this up if it's possible for SBP files.

Cheers

Daren
Message 5 of 7
Mattxer

I was able to make all of the changes except for the last one with the two routers, I have to think about that a bit more. The reason your feedrate gets limited is because in the post there is parameter for max Z feedrate which is limited to 180 ipm whenever there is a Z movement. I can change this to 270 if you want but i'm not sure if its a limitation on your machine or not.

Matt Smith
Software Engineer - MSmithDev - https://msmithdev.com/
CAD/CAM/CNC - Micro Insert Inc. - https://microinsertinc.com/
Message 6 of 7
whizbanger
in reply to: Mattxer

That's awesome @Mattxer., thank you!  I'll send you a PM.

Daren

Daren
Message 7 of 7
whizbanger

Thanks to @Mattxer for fixing a couple of problems that I originally identified in my post.

Thanks to John Saunders at NYCCNC for creating his video & introducing me to VSC.

Over the years I've made simple mods to posts for other, simpler CAM software I use, but I'm not a programmer & a lot of the terminology & formatting I see in a post is foreign to me.  I can identify the changes I need made from my cut files, they're usually simple, and whenever possible I want to make the fixes in the post myself.

In this case, nobody actually helped me with my requests regarding using VSC for this purpose, so I just kept messing around in it until I learned what I needed.  For me it's a game-changer in how I review & edit my posts (and even my cut files).  It's an awesome tool that I highly recommend for people in a similar situation.

Daren

Daren

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report