Did you mean: 

Heidenhain 426 PB post edit required

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
japrecision
624 Views, 14 Replies

Heidenhain 426 PB post edit required

Hi All,

I am looking for some pointers or help with post edits for the generic Heidenhain post. Updates required are as follows.

( CURRENT POST OUTPUT FOR A TOOL CHANGE F360 POST)

As you can see there is no tool length compensation and the tool def and tool call are reversed also M91 is not needed or M1 or M5 but M6 and M8 are required as per my sample )

37 M5
38 M1
39 TOOL CALL 4 Z S500
40 TOOL DEF 3
41 L Z+0 R0 FMAX M91
42 M3
43 L X+55 Y+0 R0 FMAX

( SAMPLE FROM ONE OF OUR PROGRAMS AT PRESENT )

(WE JUST REMOVE THE M6 FOR THE TOOL CHANGE FOR THE MANUAL TOOL CHANGE MACHINES IF NEEDED )

58 L Z25.0 FMAX
59 TOOL DEF 21 L-21.589 R2.0
60 TOOL CALL 21 Z S3000
61 L M6
62 L X10.54 Y5.384 R0 FMAX M3
63 L M8
64 L Z3.0 FMAX

( END OF PROGRAM WITH M25 RETRACT AT END AND M2 )

2410 L Z25.0 FMAX
2411 L M25
2412 L M2
2413 END PGM 30488 MM

Any assistance would be very welcome

Kind Regards James JA Precision

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Hi

We need a bit more information about your machine.

M25 is not a generic Heidenhain code but a machine builder code. May i guess Bridgeport maybe?

The Tool Def and Tool Call are not reversed but the post is setup for pre loading tools with an pocket magazine type tool changer, as you can see in your example it's not the same tool number.

Also i've never understood why some wants to have their tool lengths and diameters called from a CAM program as this for me is a bit reversed. Say you break a tool, then you have to go via the CAM program and repost the program to get the new  tool length. 

So if you can confirm what:

Machine / machine type it is

M25 does

and if you really want to call Tool length and DIA from the CAM tool library

Message 3 of 15

Hi There,

Thank you for your reply,

Yes it's a Bridgeport 800VMC with a Heidenhain 426PB control.

It's not so much posting the tool lengths fro the cam as this is set at the
machine with the tool set up as you would normally do so. What's missing
from the post is the "L" for tool length there is no posting to enter that.
We can of course edit that at the machine however the more we can get the
post to do the better as then you can't miss the tool length setting at the
machine during set up.

M25 retracts the turret up to the max top position it's just a safety move
at the end of the program before sending the table to the front of the
machine some longer tools could hit clamps etc and this reduces the risk of
that.

Tool Dia from cam would be good and just the tool Length "L 0.0" will be
great.

Thank you for your response and assistance

Message 4 of 15

Okay, I'll see what I can do.

Just out of curiosity, because I have BPT 760 -22 with TNC 370. Which is pretty much the same machine but the older control specially made for BPT. Why don't you use the TOOL TABLE and POCKET TABLE in the control ?

Patrik
Message 5 of 15

Hi Patrik,

Well it's just a habbit I guess setting the tool lengths for each program I will look into the tool table etc also. Great machine your Bridgeport 760 - 22, Great machines Bridgeport.

Anyway any help with the post would be very welcome for sure

Message 6 of 15

Hi James!

No worries i was just curious, i personally use the tool table,  I'm now even gonna try use all the 99 tools i have available in the table, and then use the tool pocket table to specify where the tool is located, this way i shouldn't have to edit all the tools all the time depending on what is loaded in the machine. However i need to be able to identify the tool and tool holders otherwise I'm asking for trouble 🙂

Anyhow, i've done some editing, try this and see what you think.

Patrik

Message 7 of 15

Hi Patrik,

Thank you for the updated post I will take a look. If you have any details on how you edited the post that would be great so I can follow etc.

Many thanks

Regards James JA Preciision

Message 8 of 15

Yes i guess i should have put more time in to the post and add a "signature" at every change. 

But i mostly just just  cancelled   //     lines that you didn't want, like the M92 / M91.

Also cancelled the whole preload  "TOOL DEF"  section as you have a carousel type tool changer..     added    

/*     Carousel type tool changer 

Then I added the following code just below the section "write tools"   to get your TOOL DEF at the start at the program, this should make it easy for you to change the tool length offsets. Now as you can see I use the CAM's tool library  Tool body length for the length. So if you set up your tools with tool length offsets in to your tool library you shouldn't have to edit the program at the machine.    If you just want  0.0 instead let me know and i can edit it.

{
    var tools = getToolTable();
    if (tools.getNumberOfTools() > 0) {
      for (var i = 0; i < tools.getNumberOfTools(); ++i) {
        var tool = tools.getTool(i);
        writeBlock("TOOL DEF " + tool.number + " L" + xyzFormat.format(tool.bodyLength) + " R" + xyzFormat.format(tool.diameter/2.0)); //writeBlock("TOOL DEF " + tool.number + " L0 R" + xyzFormat.format(tool.diameter/2.0))
      }
    }
  } 

then just added the simple M25  at the onClose section  

writeBlock("M25");

Message 9 of 15

Hi Patrik,

Thanks for your edits to the post I had a look yesterday and it looks far better now and something that I can work with.

I will run some further posts over the weekend and let you know how things go. Looks good though so far.

Also I see that you have added code and used the " / / " to take out some of the M functions at the start of the post line.

I have tried that here and the post won't work after even if I copy back the alterations and try to re use the post.

Can I ask what software are you using to open the post? to make the edits.

Message 10 of 15

You are welcome!

If you need more changes just let me know.

I use TextWrangler  on my Mac   and Notepad++ on my PC.

Message 11 of 15

Hi patrik,

I was trying to make some simple edits to the post again and I keep getting this message on posting the code.

Error: Failed to evaluate post configuration.
Start time: Sat Mar 18 18:54:13 2017
Error(/Users/jamesflanagan/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Autodesk Fusion 360/DZ4RLY2U24U3/W.login/M/D2017021262992251/CAMPosts/heidenhain 426 test.cps:13): SyntaxError: missing ; before statement
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Failed while processing global script.

It seams even if I open the file and re save it without any changes it still comes up with this error.

The other posts work ok 

Not sure what's going on here to be honest

Any help very welcome

I have attached the post also

Message 12 of 15

Hi,

This says it all.  

On line 13  you have a  ";"   that shouldn't be there

Error: Failed to evaluate post configuration.
Start time: Sat Mar 18 18:54:13 2017
Error(/Users/jamesflanagan/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Autodesk Fusion 360/DZ4RLY2U24U3/W.login/M/D2017021262992251/CAMPosts/heidenhain 426 test.cps:13): SyntaxError: missing ; before statement
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Failed while processing global script.

Message 13 of 15

At the beginning of your post, change this:

description "Heidenhain iTNC 426";
vendor "Heidenhain";
vendorUrl "http://www.heidenhain.com";
legal "Copyright (C) 2012-2016 by Autodesk, Inc.";
certificationLevel 2;
minimumRevision 24000;

into this:

description = "Heidenhain iTNC 426";
vendor = "Heidenhain";
vendorUrl = "http://www.heidenhain.com";
legal = "Copyright (C) 2012-2016 by Autodesk, Inc.";
certificationLevel = 2;
minimumRevision = 24000;

Ivan Stanojevic

Message 14 of 15

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for your assistance with this post processor. I have overcome the issue now and can begin editing the post.

Message 15 of 15

Hi Ivan,

I have made some changes to the post now and have some M1, M5, M9, M3 commands that I need to re order. Where would I look in the post for the M3 command at the start of the program.

Any help very welcome

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report