Did you mean: 

Drop-down menu in properties, Fusion 360

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
laks.emil
280 Views, 3 Replies

Drop-down menu in properties, Fusion 360

Hello,

I'm using a modified verison of the Fanuc post processor in Fusion360. I'm trying to create a drop-down menu in the property section of the post processor. 

I know it's possible to create a true/false option, but I want several choices in the same menu. I want it to work exactly as the "built in" option "highFeedMapping". Sadly the code for "built in" options are not presented in the post processor code.

Example:

Text in description: "Stock material mounted in/at: "

Alternatives in drop down menu:

*vise

*table

*indexer

Then the post processor will adjust the result (like woorking coordinate system etc.), depending on the choice.

I can solve this by making the option "stock material mounted in/at: (1=vise 2=table 3=indexer)" and then just input a number. I don't think this is a good solution, but I can live with that if it's complicated to make the other solution.

Is it possible to create this menu in Fusion 360 and how do I do it?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
parobillard
in reply to: laks.emil

Hi

I don't know about Fusion but in Inventor HSM express it's not possible.

The easiest solution is the one your proposed (1=.. 2=... 3=..)

The hardest solution is to make an "interactive" post (see interactive.cps in the post d/l section)

Message 3 of 4
laks.emil
in reply to: parobillard

Thank you for the answer.

The interactive post processor seems like a good solution. The problem is that I can't get it to work, nothing happens when I try to post process the file. Maybee the program does not find the HTA-file?

I would really appreciate any tips to get it working. Has someone got it to work with Fusion 360?

Message 4 of 4
bdmfab
in reply to: laks.emil

Did you find a solution to this? I would like to do the same.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report