Doosan Lynx 220 LSYC Post Available?

32 REPLIES 32
SOLVED
Message 1 of 33
electromechanica
2617 Views, 32 Replies

Doosan Lynx 220 LSYC Post Available?

Hi All, 

I am considering purchasing a new sub-spindle lathe and I think we have it narrowed down to a Doosan Lynx 220 LSYC 

This is a Dual spindle mill-turn lathe, with y axis.  Controller is Fanuc

I wanted to check in to see if a stock post existed for this machine, or if anyone who frequents here has one available, either Paid or not.  

I could plan on writing one by modifying the stock Haas mill-turn, however i figured I would check here first. 

I also have an email in to my reseller to check with them as well.  

Thanks in advance.  

Steve

32 REPLIES 32
Message 2 of 33

@electromechanica wrote:

Hi All, 

I am considering purchasing a new sub-spindle lathe and I think we have it narrowed down to a Doosan Lynx 220 LSYC 

This is a Dual spindle mill-turn lathe, with y axis.  Controller is Fanuc

I wanted to check in to see if a stock post existed for this machine, or if anyone who frequents here has one available, either Paid or not.  

I could plan on writing one by modifying the stock Haas mill-turn, however i figured I would check here first. 

I also have an email in to my reseller to check with them as well.  

Thanks in advance.  

Steve

No guarantees but I'm pretty sure there is one around somewhere.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Message 3 of 33

We are currently finalizing a generic post for the Doosan Lynx/Puma mill/turns.  It will be available shortly.

Bob Schultz
Sr. Post Processor Developer

Message 4 of 33

Great!  

Thanks Bob.  

Steve

Message 5 of 33
piersonind
in reply to: bob.schultz

Hi Bob,

This is great news!  We just bought a Doosan Lynx 220 LSYC and it is arriving in 4 days so this post processor is coming at a perfect time.  Can you tell me where we can download it once it's available?

Jay

Message 6 of 33

@piersonind wrote:

Hi Bob,

This is great news!  We just bought a Doosan Lynx 220 LSYC and it is arriving in 4 days so this post processor is coming at a perfect time.  Can you tell me where we can download it once it's available?

Jay

Is yours also with a Fanuc control?

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 7 of 33

Yes, Fanuc i control, 2016.

Message 8 of 33
Anonymous
in reply to: electromechanica

I am waiting also! we have the same exact machine. Keep us posted...

Message 9 of 33

@bob.schultz

So it looks like we will be moving forward with this machine purchase. 

Bob, do you have a timeline when an initial version of this post will be available for evaluation?

Thanks and have a great Thanksgiving!
Steve

Message 10 of 33

This post is going through the final internal evaluation now and we hope to have it available for beta testing very soon.  I will post a link to the beta version of the post here as soon as it is available.

Bob Schultz

Message 11 of 33

@bob.schultz

Thanks for the quick reply. 

I look forward to checking it out.

Steve

Message 12 of 33
Anonymous

So do we!
Message 13 of 33
Anonymous

So do we!
Message 14 of 33
bob.schultz
in reply to: Anonymous

While the post is still going through internal evaluation it can be made available to anyone who has need of it for testing.  Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will send you the post.  The current state of the post is that it is in the hands of a few users and a couple of other posts have been built off of it.  It is still considered to be in its testing phase, so here is the disclosure as expected.

The accompanying advice and or non-standard post processor is provided as-is and without warranty of any kind, and usage is at the user’s own risk.

Bob Schultz

Message 15 of 33
Anonymous

Hello, My first time here. I would like to try the post on a Doosan Lynx220LMC. Thanks.

Message 16 of 33
bob.schultz

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, My first time here. I would like to try the post on a Doosan Lynx220LMC. Thanks.

Send me a private message with your e-mail address and I will send you the post.

Bob Schultz

Message 17 of 33
Anonymous

I go to send a message and I get this message "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action"

Message 18 of 33
Laurens-3DTechDraw

To stop spam there was no other way than to disable private message for people with less than a certain amount of posts for this moment.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 19 of 33
fineline

Looking for a post for Doosan Lynx 220 LYA mill-turn with y axis. Could you provide a link for download?

Message 20 of 33
bob.schultz
in reply to: fineline

@Anonymous wrote:

Looking for a post for Doosan Lynx 220 LYA mill-turn with y axis. Could you provide a link for download?

There currently is not a link to this post, you will need to send me a private message with your e-mail and I'll send you the post.

Bob Schultz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report