DeckelMaho DMU 50v

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
zeljnik2014
3301 Views, 11 Replies

DeckelMaho DMU 50v

Hello.

I have a problem to find postprocessor for 5-axis mashine deckelMaho DMU50v, Millplus v330 (without G07 code!!!). B-axis table move under 45 degrees.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Hello,

Did you search for these posts in the post library?
http://cam.autodesk.com/posts/

Ivan Stanojevic

Message 3 of 12

Po imenu bi se kazalo da govorite srpski/hrvatski.

Precitao sam silu datoteka, isprobao silu postprocesora, ali ovaj ne mogu da nadjem, a nisam ekspert za editovanje, narocito ne 5-osnog pp. Naime, sa generickim millplus radim 3-osno uz par izmjena, G71 brisem, G54 prebacim par redova iznad i radi perfektno. Uz G54 ide i I1, I2 ili ...

Medjutim, problem je kinematika stola B-ose, jer rotira pod uglom od 45 stepeni, nije linearan. Ima i C-osu koja standardno rotira oko Z ose i nalazi se na stolu zajedno sa B, spindl vertical.

Da stvar bude gora, upravljanje je millplus v330, stara verzija upravljanja, ne cita G07 - citao sam da je taj kod tek od v400 ukljucen, pa na dalje.

Vjerujem da bi neko mogao da preradi ovaj millplus.cps genericki da ovaj radi, naravno da ne bjezim od naknade za trud i znanje.

Ukoliko imate nekoga ko bi mogao da pomogne ili mozda Vi mozete, javite mi se.

pozdrav

Message 4 of 12
bob.schultz
in reply to: zeljnik2014

I have made the following changes to the post per your request.

1. Removed G141 blocks and changed the post to not use TCP programming (optimizeMachineAngles2(1)).

2. Replaced G7 blocks with G0 Bxx Cxx rotary positioning blocks.

3. Changed the G74 Z0 L1 blocks to G74 Z-1 L1 blocks (we ran into this same problem with another user).

Please let me know if these changes match what you are looking for.

Thanks.

Bob Schultz
Sr. Post Processor Developer

Message 5 of 12
zeljnik2014
in reply to: bob.schultz

Thanks, Mr. Schultz.

Tomorrow, i will be testing postprocessor, and tell you resalts.

Best regards and thank you again.

Message 6 of 12
bob.schultz

Here is the post that should fix the XY coordinate conversion problems you reported.  You will also want to check the table rotations, as I believe they were not correct in the previous versions of the post.

Bob Schultz
Sr. Post Processor Developer

Message 7 of 12
markp
in reply to: bob.schultz

Zeljnik2014,   Hi I've got the same machine you do. A DMU 50 V, slightly newer software version at 4.0.  I'm having a problem getting the post in this discussion working on my machine.  When I try to do 3+2 operations the X Y Z dimensions are way off.  It seems like the post isn't doing any kind of G 54 offset.  Are you actually able to get this post to work on your machine  to the point where you can make a part?  How do you have your  Machine set up? I see that when I do a  simple 3+2 hole drilling operation and simulate it looks fine but once posted it's very far off I haven't tried five axis simultaneous yet .

If you are actually able to make parts  with this post could you possibly send me an example of a part you've made and the post output you're getting for that part? Thanks 

my software version does output g7 tilted planes but no g141. The G7 output is a different syntax then the generic hsm millplus postprocessor generates

Message 8 of 12
zeljnik2014
in reply to: markp

Hello, markp.

This is from start problem for me. Even machine can read G07, You can not setup zero point anyway on part, than Your zero point must be in intersection point. On my machine, this is in 144,916mm above of top C-axis table, in axis of rotation.  (middle of C table)

Second, i allways draw new coordinate system for every rotation and use this in "tool orientation" feature in HSMWorks.

Automatic tool orientation its not good in reality, sometimes rotate wrong.

From this reason, my company is by CentroGripp fixture, my part is allways in center of C-axis rotation, zero point is in intersection point, every rotation new coordinate system.

Many job, many time i must lose from prepair work on machine, but this is the only way how DeckelMaho 50v with weard kinematics can do.

With G141, probably, every looks better, but this machine have not open this feature, because is to old software.

Maybe, You can use some macro program for calculation for point rotation, but i have not expirience in that area.

I use post without G07, with output B and C axis angles, and works fine.

Best regards

Message 9 of 12
markp

Yes, I do have my part centered and Z at top of part but its not at the exact pivot point. Is that really the only way this post can work?????

If I output using the generic HSM millplus post from the post library, I get the same X Y Z position but it is shifted by the G7 euler angle command so that its in the correct place.

Problem is that the post output will not work for my machine as its V4.0 and the millplus post  is for v4.10>. G7 and many other commands have a different syntax in my version or are missing  so the post will not work without many scary edits.

A software upgrade to 4.10  is available but is 6K from DMG .

Is it possible for you to send me a file that you have used with this post so that I can check for differences with my setup?

Here is the Millplus output showing the same tool position as the millplus 330 output.

N23 S5000 M3
N24 G54
N25 G7 A5=-90. B5=60. C5=90. L1=1
N26 M8
N28 G0 X0.6974 Y0
N29 G0 Z2.3021
N30 G17
N31 G0
N32 G0 Z1.9021
N34 G83 Z-0.3 Y0.2 B0.5742 K0.0625 I0 J0.005 K1=10 F20
N35 G79 X0.6974 Y0 Z1.1279
N36 G0 Z2.3021
N38 G74 Z0 L1

I do have the kinematic tables entered into the control and G7 is enabled in the machine constants but I don't think this can effect operations where G7 is not called.

Also, I am using 99 offsets so the G54 so I have to modify the output to read G54 I1.

I got the subscription to HSM as I read that the 330 millplus post actually worked for my machine. I have gibbs 2009 but was trying to save some $ as gibbs quoted me around 10k to upgrade, get on maintenance, and get a custom post written. I have a Maho post that works OK for 3 and 4 axis work.

Message 10 of 12
zeljnik2014

Yes, this is the only way for this software, postprocessor and our machines. Version of software is not problem, because v330/v410 are similar with small differences.

Please, try test on simply part with one rotation. And, use output with B and C-axis, is easiest to following and control of moving. For me, G7 is very problematic to understand, what machine do after rotation.

First step:

put part into machine, centered with C-axis rotation, than made measuring between top of part and top of C table.

Second step;

in Your CAD system draw new plane in point ( intersection point or pivot point - distance from step 1), and in this new plane draw new coordinate system at centar of part. Also, in this point made another coordinate system parpendicular with surface for rotation(first draw new plane parpendicular on surface, then in same point create new coordinate system).

Now, you have coordinate system 1 and coordinate system 2 and your part or workpiece.

Last step:

Now, you made setup/job in coordinate system 1!

Make some feature on B0C0,

than go to feature in rotate position. Everythink is same, just in tool orientation choose Coordinate system 2!

Postprocessing and sent on Your machine, i hope so that would be work.

Job is not easy in start, but later is joke.

Please, sent me Your CAD system, that i can prepaire to you one simply part with job and operations. Also, i can sent you not that simply part, but for start, just one or two rotation for understanding.

Best regards

Message 11 of 12
markp

Ah I think I get it now. Ill try that. Thanks!! Heres the kluge that I was able to do to make 3+2 work on my V400 machine. I used the millplus generic post from the hsm library with the edits below.

REMOVE THE FIRST INSTANCE OF G74 L1 LINE (FIRST G74 IN PROGRAM)

CHANGE THE G7 LINES:

CHANGE G7 A5=-90 B5=60. C5=90. L1=1 TO: 
 G7  B5=60. C5=90. L1=1 (YOU ONLY NEED TO REMOVE THE A5= PART)

Add a G7 cancel before each tool change. G7=L1. This needs to be added right before the G74 Z-1 L1 tool retract line.

REPLACE G54 WITH G54 I1  (IM USING 99 OFFSETS)

This lets the control  calculate the euler angles and the operations are correctly positioned. Havent tried any real 5 axis stuff yet.

Message 12 of 12
uladzimiruser

Good health to all. The topic is relevant for me now. Here is an example of a program for DMU 50 V, where there is movement simultaneously along 5 axes.

I can not get the same code from the postprocessor.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report