Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 axis CMS OSAI TCP

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
829 Views, 2 Replies

5 axis CMS OSAI TCP

Hi, I have recently acquired new CMS 5 axis Athena 3015. I am trying out the osai post processor downloaded from the HSM database. I have ( I think )made the modes to the post config to enable and configure the post but it isn't coming out right. I have attached the modified cps file and 2 posts. 1 with TCP enabled ( optimizeMachineAngles2(0); // TCP mode)  and one without ( optimizeMachineAngles2(1); // TCP mode) Both posts are the same. Should the not be different?

Should the post with TCP enabled not be a simpler post because the tip of the tool goes around on the same z height?

The file is just a tryout file of a swarf chamfer around the top of a rectangle, I will post a screenshot of it next and a screenshot of the backplot. I'm not even sure if the backplot means anything.

Thank you in advance,

George Comber

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Here are the screenshots of the toolpath and the backplots.

When I turn on the TCP I get the same post and when I put in a machine config in solidworks, I get the same post as when I put in undefined machine?

Do the machine configuration settings in the HSMworks  menu override the settings in the post config or vice versa?

Regards and thanks again,

George

Message 3 of 3
andrea.amilo
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous ,

we are working on Belotti Osai post processor. Usually Belotti machines have similar kinematics to CMS ones.

Maybe it could be useful to satisfy your request.

If so, you can find the first version of the Belotti Osai post postprocessor in the hidden area. 

Feel free to download it:

https://cam.autodesk.com/hsmposts?p=belotti_osai

Please test it carefully and let me know. It is still under development.

Andrea Amilo

Senior Technical Consultant

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Fusion 360 Webinars | Autodesk Make

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report