Announcements
Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off solid visiblity in simulation

Turn off solid visiblity in simulation

In simulation you can not see if you went through the part when your "model" is visible. Would be great if we can turn the visibility of the solid on and off in simulation.

17 Comments
Indeed. Just like you can in HSMWorks.
Steinwerks
Mentor

This is possible in Fusion FWIW. Good idea to achieve parity as the goal is claimed.

scottmoyse
Mentor

It DOES MY HEAD IN that you can't do this in Inventor HSM.

@al.whatmough is this something we are not considering? Since this is in HSMWorks and Fusion I assume it's something we want.

So I'm really confused to why this is not logged as accepted with the notice of the developers being to busy.

(PS. It's a joke that this is not implemented yet after all this time.)

scottmoyse
Mentor
It's a royal PITA that it's not there and lots of clicks to turn the bodies off... It's actually the most visible example of how poorly the CAM to MODEL browser is implemented in Inventor HSM.
al.whatmough
Alumni

@Laurens-3DTechDraw thanks for pinging me on this one.

This is definitely one that should just be done.

al.whatmough
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted

Thanks @al.whatmough

scottmoyse
Mentor
Cheers Al
ArjanDijk
Advisor

Thanks @al.whatmough

vinynstar
Participant

Be nice to able a button in simulation but also in cam (when u do selection of stock and edge in toolpath) to Hide/Show model and Hide/Show stock model from the JOB setup selected models, maybe as a right button click Hide/Show Job Model and Hide/Show Job Stock

Thanks@al.whatmough

vinynstar
Participant

Be nice to able a button in simulation but also in cam (when u do selection of stock and edge in toolpath) to Hide/Show model and Hide/Show stock model from the JOB setup selected models, maybe as a right button click at anytime

-Hide/Show Job Model

-Hide/Show Job Stock

-Hide/Show Job Fixture

Thanks@al.whatmough

ArjanDijk
Advisor

So true @vinynstar. This idea is already implemented in beta mode. Your idea is also requested before (you cant hide/unhide solids when in an operation). I think is was @MarcoTakx who entered the idea. Just scroll through the list.

scottmoyse
Mentor
Controlling the visibility of objects while a dialog is open is a limitation of Inventor... not Inventor HSM unfortunately. However, I've seen over Inventor plugins manage to have their dialogs behave modally before... soo....
ArjanDijk
Advisor

@al.whatmough. I like this functionality in Beta mode. What is keeping it from going to the final product?

scottmoyse
Mentor
it was causing Inventor to crash at one point.
peter.taylorSBG7G
Contributor

Any progress on this?
Ticket opened in 2016, accepted in 2016. It's now 5 years later.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report