Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for (Thread) Turning tools on 45 Degrees

Support for (Thread) Turning tools on 45 Degrees

Hi guys,

We got Tool orientation for Face turning, which means we very very close to do turning on B-axis Lathes.

But I found we cannot use threading tools like this yet cause they aren't supported: 

Threading angle.png

https://www.sandvik.coromant.com/nl-nl/products/Pages/productdetails.aspx?c=C6-266RS16100-22HP

There isn't tool orientation in the threading operation. Nor do I think we can make a proper tool for it yet.

(Because putting a tool on an angle in HSMWorks tool library moves the compensation point to the wrong location)

Anyone else interested?

6 Comments
fonsecr
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

fonsecr
Autodesk

Thanks @Laurens-3DTechDraw.

Accepted this request. But not fully sure how to handle it.

@fonsecr

I understand it is kind of tricky.

To get this working I think we could change the tool orientation in the turret in the library and then have the same angle in the operation.

That way we can have the system check if those are the same to be sure the tool is working correctly, otherwise error out for not correct tool orientation?

Is that an idea?

Lonnie.Cady
Advisor

wow accepted in 3 minutes with no votes.  Smiley Happy

fonsecr
Autodesk

Got the request through back channels but asked @Laurens-3DTechDraw to put it here so it is visible to all.

scottmoyse
Mentor

I totally support this!!! As well as having the ability to define threading inserts that aren't just fixed to 60 degree ISO standards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report