HSM Ideas
Share ideas for future product features directly with the Inventor HSM & HSMWorks CAM team and collaborate on existing suggestions with your peers.

Stay Down in Boring

by Advisor on ‎04-19-2017 04:58 PM

Please add Stay Down for boring, so that the tool doesn't retract and waste time transitioning between the helical cut and the finish pass.

2017-04-20_9-40-46.png

Comments
By: Mentor
| Posted ‎04-20-2017 05:47 AM

I remember asking for this way back when I was using HSMXPress. If I remember correctly I was told the reason it pops up had to do with applying compensation and the possibility of using Bore for internal and external features. Not that I think that's a good reason mind you Smiley Wink

Voted.

By: Advisor
| Posted ‎04-20-2017 05:59 AM
That toolpath in the image has compensation set as In Computer. Just for the record.
| Posted ‎04-20-2017 10:29 AM

I just wanted a Stay Down distance like in the other toolpaths but got told I can use 2D Contour instead with Ramp. Like I said, I don't agree with it, just repeating what I remember.

By: Contributor oliff
| Posted ‎04-21-2017 09:24 PM

I'm getting a gouge in bore cycle when set to "in control" cutter comp.   in inventor.  haven't tried to duplicate in fusion.

| Posted ‎04-23-2017 12:59 AM

@oliff

You can post a thread about such issue's in the support section of the forum.

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!