Announcements
Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stay Down in Boring

Stay Down in Boring

Please add Stay Down for boring, so that the tool doesn't retract and waste time transitioning between the helical cut and the finish pass.

2017-04-20_9-40-46.png

8 Comments
Steinwerks
Mentor

I remember asking for this way back when I was using HSMXPress. If I remember correctly I was told the reason it pops up had to do with applying compensation and the possibility of using Bore for internal and external features. Not that I think that's a good reason mind you Smiley Wink

Voted.

scottmoyse
Mentor
That toolpath in the image has compensation set as In Computer. Just for the record.
Steinwerks
Mentor

I just wanted a Stay Down distance like in the other toolpaths but got told I can use 2D Contour instead with Ramp. Like I said, I don't agree with it, just repeating what I remember.

oliff
Contributor

I'm getting a gouge in bore cycle when set to "in control" cutter comp.   in inventor.  haven't tried to duplicate in fusion.

@oliff

You can post a thread about such issue's in the support section of the forum.

oliff
Contributor
I just today was wanting this stay-down! I had a bunch of counter bores with a tall retract height to avoid some toe clamps.
rgollob
Advocate

Lets get this accepted and implemented! hate that it retracts instead of just stepping over. Anybody found a workaround yet?

Steinwerks
Mentor

@al.whatmough can we get this revisited? I can't imagine it would be difficult, but it'd sure make life nicer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea