HSM Ideas
Share ideas for future product features directly with the Inventor HSM & HSMWorks CAM team and collaborate on existing suggestions with your peers.

Speeds & Feeds for different Materials - Tool Library

by Contributor michael.taffertshofer on ‎03-19-2017 10:08 AM

Keep it simple as follows:

Main:

Tool_Library_002.jpg

You can simply edit a materials name list, no values, only your own expression. You can also choose one material name as currently active.

This selection stays until you choose another one. No connection to Solidworks materials or whatever, because we keep this simple.

Speed & Feed:

Tool_Library_001.jpg

In the Speed & Feed tap you can select the material name and input your desired values. Check above picture.

When I select tools then the values of the active material (see picture main) is taken. No link of the values, no "live update" because we keep it simple.

If the material is not existing in the Speed & Feed a message shows and ask what material you want to use instead.

Of course I can copy a tool and put it in a library for different materials. But if something changes I have to manage and modify many tools that are virtually the same.

Comments
By: Collaborator Arjancncmachineworks
| Posted ‎03-19-2017 01:34 PM

Hi @michael.taffertshofer. I believe this is part of the long awaited new tool library. You can already see it in Fusion 360. Don't think there will come logic in the current library. 

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!