Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Processor for LabVolt 5600 CNC Mill

Post Processor for LabVolt 5600 CNC Mill

The Project Lead The Way curriculum uses the Lab Volt 5600 CNC mill.  

I have received a generic labvolt post processor but we are having many problems with it.   

The G&M codes need to include two digits and need to be placed in front of the x y z coordinates or command.  For example  "M06 7" is the accepted code for tool change to tool #7.   "M03 S1000" is correct format for spindle speed but it is not the format generated by the generic Labvolt post processor. 

Also LabVolt 5600 does not use M1 to stop before a tool change.  

I am having problems with plane changes G18 & G19 plane specifications too. 

Labvolt is crashing prior to completing the code unless I manually edit the end of the code.

8 Comments
danielpearce
Community Visitor

Last year I unsuccessfully tried to get Autodesk and Labvolt talking to work out the bugs in the original post Autodesk created.  Autodesk was very responsive, LabVolt/Festo, not so much.

AchimN
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

AchimN
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Initial post processor can get downloaded here:

https://cam.autodesk.com/posts/?p=labvolt

Any feedback is much appreciated.

larford
Community Visitor

Trying to download Lab Volt 5600 mill post for Inventor 2017 HSM and the blog sent me to a page that had an expired security.  I still need the post.

nancy_c_smith
Contributor

Newest version of LabVolt post processor is better but still needs some changes.  

After changing feed rate, the G code must be restated even if it is supposed to be modal.  

for example- this will not work :

G01 

X1

X2

F9

X3

For the LabVolt the modal Gcode must be restated after changing a feed rate- this will work:

G01 

X1

X2

F9

G01

X3

nancy_c_smith
Contributor

Newest version of LabVolt post processor is better but still needs some changes.  

After changing feed rate, the G code must be restated even if it is supposed to be modal.  

G01 

X1

X2

F9

X3

For the LabVolt the modal Gcode must be restated after changing a feed rate- this will work:

G01 

X1

X2

F9

G01

X3

shelby50411
Observer

v

nancy_c_smith
Contributor

G01 

X1

X2

F9

X3

G01 

X1

X2

F9

G01

X3

Please help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report