Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okuma post processor for OSP-7000M contol

Okuma post processor for OSP-7000M contol

Hi,

I'm looking for some help getting a post processor for Fusion 360 CAM. We have an Okuma MX-55VB VMC with OSP7000M control that we bought used, also it is our first VMC. I have tried a few post processors that I found on the Autodesk CAM forum that other users had modified and posted there, but none of the ones I found wanted to work correctly.

I'll start with a few things that I learned the control needs.

Program name must start with the letter "O" and have a file extension of ".MIN"
  Also program name must be listed at the beginning of the program

Control doesn't use G28.

Control doesn't use G116. ( tool change macro?)

Program must end with M02 or M30

I attached a file containing a scan of the G and M codes from my Okuma programming manual. This is just a single table 3 axis machine so there are G and M codes in the list that don't apply.

I think I have DNC setup correctly. ( getting errors on the G28 and G116 when I try sending a file that has those in)

I hope I'm not beyond help!

Thank You,

Carl

6 Comments
Steinwerks
Mentor

Looks like it uses a standard M06 for tool changes and a G30 for home positioning. What happens if you manually edit your posted code to change those and then run the program? G91 might screw that G30 up though if present, so be wary.

hooverwelding
Enthusiast

Steinwerks,

Yes, I played around with it some more and using the generic Okuma post I'm getting it to work...

I still need to edit the process note out.   (2d adaptive clearing)

Also add "%" at the end of the file.

And if I do a drill canned cycle (G83) Fusion outputs the dwell at bottom of hole as milliseconds (P250) for 1/4 second, and Okuma reads that as 250 seconds! I edited it to P1.500 and it took it for 1.5 seconds.

Learn, learn, learn!!!

Carl

scottmoyse
Mentor

I have a post that's setup for a OSP5020M control. Most of what you were describing is what I changed for that.... also this really isn't the place to get support on a specific post. Threads/Ideas on the Ideastation are for generic posts only. I'd attach the post I have here, but I can't. Do you have a thread in the post customisation forum I can reply to?

scottmoyse
Mentor

Also have you engaged with a reseller to ask for post support at all yet?

hooverwelding
Enthusiast

Here is a post, and why I posted in the idea station area.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/post-processors/okuma-post-processor-for-osp-7000m-contol/m-p/6542850#...

And I didn't talk to a reseller yet.

al.whatmough
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report