Announcements
Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Independent CAM Browser

Independent CAM Browser

I like to see the CAM browser as a independent Browser like the iLogic browser.

When you use Sketches or Multibody, it's very frustrated to change everytime between those browsers.

2016-09-14_16-29-16.png

11 Comments
Marco.Takx
Mentor

I like to see the CAM browser as a independent Browser like the iLogic browser.

When you use sketches of Multibody files and have to switch things on and of, it is very frustrated to change everytime between those browsers.

2016-01-27_13-56-39.jpg

Tags (1)
smilinger
Advisor

If you can code, maybe you can make it independent yourself.

You can borrow some code from my MyVaultBrowser add-in:

On App Store: MyVaultBrowser

Source Code on Github: https://git.io/vzYwH

Marco.Takx
Mentor

This was already posted on the Inventor Ideastation.

Maybe it's possible for Autodesk to transfer that post to the HSM Ideastation.

Inventor-HSM-CAM-Independent-Browser

narzinskin
Advocate

While you still have to drop down and select model in the browser, you can change the setting to pull out the dialogue box for the individual opperations by unchecking the box as shown below.  I think if development defaulted the browser to "model" whenever you start a setup or operation this would make a lot of people happy.

Options.jpgseperate browser.jpg

Marco.Takx
Mentor

@narzinskin Thats something that I know of course, but you still have to switch between CAM and Model browser.

al.whatmough
Alumni

I have merged the ideas. 

Marco.Takx
Mentor

Thanks @al.whatmough

@al.whatmough

With almost 80 votes now I'm confused to why there hasn't been a response from the Autodesk side to what they think about it.

porsbym
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted

Thanks for all the votes on this one.

We have added it to our backlog as ticket CAM-5799 and expect to start working on it very soon.

Marco.Takx
Mentor

Good to hear. 

Please observe the possibility that within an operation feature or within the simulation environment, the opportunity available is to turn ON/OFF the visibility of sketches, multibody solids and assembly part. Now you always have to stop the operation feature or simulation environment to do these things. 

Thanks to all the users for all those votes.

porsbym
Alumni
Status changed to: Implemented

Implemented with Inventor 2018 and Inventor HSM 2018.

We are aware that the visibility commands in the Model tab would be useful to have available while in CAM commands, and we are looking into this. Note, thought, that for Simulation we have added a separate "Model" toggle to show/hide the selected Model bodies.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report