Announcements
Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach geometry to template operations

Attach geometry to template operations

When I choose a template with 5 operations, I need to open them all to select the geometry. 

If we could drag the operation to a surface, that would save a lot of time. Especially for templates with "center"-"drill"-"tap"

7 Comments
If you ask me it would be good to have this work the same as in HSMWorks, that you can drag and drop the geometry from one operation to the other when holding ctrl+shift.
ArjanDijk
Advisor

I think this would be a massive upgrade. Also having a hole wizard will help in this regard.

Hole wizard is really something for the long term if you ask me. First things like this so the system is solid and works.

ArjanDijk
Advisor

And after hole wizard you directly come to rule wizard 🙂

Saving time when applying templates is the main concern in my opinion.

Well, if you can't program your machine (5-Axis & Multi-Tasking & Turning) it doesn't really matter.Smiley Tongue

scottmoyse
Mentor

What the hell? I didn't know you could do that in HSMWorks Laurens!! Also, I vote a big fat YES for this, this limitation brings you crashing back down to reality after the initial excitement of having templates at your disposal. Selecting the same hole face for all three operations in a drill/tap recipe is mind numbing. 

al.whatmough
Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Archiving this one as there are a few other similar ideas in place that break this idea down into multiple ideas.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report