HSM Ideas
Share ideas for future product features directly with the Inventor HSM & HSMWorks CAM team and collaborate on existing suggestions with your peers.

Add tangential extension distance to threading operation

by Advocate nnarzinski on ‎03-20-2017 10:40 AM

2017-03-20_12-33-27.jpg

When using a multipoint threadmill, the only way to get the threading toolpath to overlap is to fake the number of teeth on the tool or fake the heights.  It would be very helpful to have an overlap or tangential extension distance parameter to modify this.  I'll leave the Naming of the parameter up to you all.

Comments
By: Advocate nnarzinski
| Posted ‎03-20-2017 12:28 PM

Preferably something like this:2017-03-20_14-05-13.jpg

By: Mentor
| Posted ‎03-20-2017 10:13 PM

Tangential extension would be a straight line.(That's what it is in all other toolpaths)

So that wouldn't be the best naming.

Also I think the second picture also doesn't show any overlap. Because the entrance and exit loops start at the 360 degree mark be immediately start moving away from the wall.

But an overlap would be good I guess.

By: New Member njohnson
| Posted ‎03-22-2017 06:14 AM

Agreed!!! We need this ASAP!!!

By: Mentor
| Posted ‎03-22-2017 10:25 AM

At a previous job we took two passes, always with a 90° overlap if I remember correctly. Every hole held to proper thread gage depth (most of these were NPT threads) or Go/NoGo. I consider the option at least a necessity.

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!