Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Cycle 99 to Siemens Generic turning post processor

Add Cycle 99 to Siemens Generic turning post processor

Hi Could you guys think about adding cycle 99 to the siemens generic turning post processor config.Siemens uses 99 for threading operation so theres no other way around this except doing it manually which takes up loads of time.

regards

Dave Gouws

12 Comments

Threading on a siemens can also be done with the G33. 

That is not a cycle, but you can make threads.

Carbidecnc
Enthusiast

HI Laurence

My post processor generates a G33 but my controller doesn't like it,I referred back to the manual and the thread operation is a suggested  Cycle 99 ,so I'm now manually programming the part of  my threading operation which take up loads of time.

Regards

Dave

What Control do you actually have?

And do you have it's manual?

ArjanDijk
Advisor

Hi Longgoose. The way HSM works with threading cycles is a bit special. For example. It does not output the minor or major diameter of an operation. There are ways to determine this by getting the values of the first and last step but its not the cleanest method.

Therefor I suggest to only put this in postprocessor that are special for a certain machine (like the Haas ST30). Of course you can use the code and from that post, adjust it and put it in you own Siemens post.

I have written a Cycle 97 for a Siemens post that works well after good testing, but I would not advice to put this in a generic post.

Carbidecnc
Enthusiast
This is what my code should look like

N10 GO G90 X60 z100 G95
N20 T1 D1
N40 s1000 M4
N50 CYCLE99(0, 42. -35, 42, 5, 7, 2 .76, 0 0, 0, 5 2, 4.5
300101, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, , , , ,0)

@Carbidecnc 

Alright but do you have the manual?

Carbidecnc
Enthusiast
Hi Lauren's
Yes I do so just manually programming from there for now
Carbidecnc
Enthusiast
Ok went to a company Silverhawk solutions verry helpful I will have my new post processor in a week can't wait

@Carbidecnc

Fantastic!

al.whatmough
Alumni
Moving to "under review" in advance of separating out the post ideas from the general software requests. This was a batch process. So, this particular idea may still be archived.
al.whatmough
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

@Carbidecnc Would you be kind enough to share the post processor you got?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report