Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSMWorks R3 Installer uses incorrect Product Key

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
scottmoyse
437 Views, 3 Replies

HSMWorks R3 Installer uses incorrect Product Key

The installer for the Jan 29th/30th build of HSMWorks pre-populates the Autodesk HSM product key in the product key field during activation. Which results in an incorrect serial number error. I had to overwrite the product key with the one from my account, which resulted in a product called Autodesk HSMWorks Ultimate 2017 being activated successfully...

Also it's worth noting that although the installation went ok, after using the Activate HSMWorks tool from the start menu, and it telling me to launch HSMWorks to finish the activation. The HSMWorks addin would start to initialize, but then no CAM tab would load. The Addins dialog showed it loaded, and the About dropdown had no mention of HSMWorks. 

This was an upgrade from HSMWorks 2017 R1 using the old licensing system.

After restarting my PC, and launching HSMWorks again, still nothign. But worse, each time I closed Solidworks it would crash. The second time of launching HSMworks after the PC restart, a Solidworks message box asked if I wanted to block the HSMWorks add-in because it was causing Solidworks to crash. I felt that was progress, so clicked yes to continue loading HSMWorks, at which point I was finally presented with the Autodesk Activation dialog. So far from a clean experience, but it's activated and running now.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jeff.pek
in reply to: scottmoyse

Hi Scott -

Not sure what would cause all that. Maybe Rene has an idea.

As for the product key, this is expected. HSMWorks supports being activated with either product key -- but we expected this would typically be done with the Autodesk HSM key, so that's set as the default. As you've seen, you just need to modify it to use the HSMWorks product key.

I hope this gets reconciled for 2018, so that everyone would be consuming an Autodesk HSM license.

Jeff

Message 3 of 4
scottmoyse
in reply to: jeff.pek

So if it was a subscription serial number then they would have been using the default HSM product key? But because this was a maintenance one it's the HSMWorks Product key?

It's actually an NFR. Should that have also been migrated to the HSM bundle? So far it's only had the upgrade to 2017.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 4 of 4
jeff.pek
in reply to: scottmoyse

Yes, that's right.

I'm honestly not sure how the NFRs are being treated -- this should be part of what's shown in the account portal.

I'm pretty sure that if you're seeing the HSMWorks product key, it's considered a maintenance scenario.

Jeff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report