Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSMWorks 2017 R2

136 REPLIES 136
Message 1 of 137
fonsecr
3214 Views, 136 Replies

HSMWorks 2017 R2

HSMWorks 2017 R2 will be made available shortly. And just wanted to let you know in advance before I make it public on hsmworks.com.

You should have started receiving mails of the release / changes. If not, expect them soon 🙂

With the HSMWorks 2017 R2 release we have merged the licensing for Inventor HSM and HSMWorks so the products are activated with the same license for "Autodesk HSM" or just "HSM".

Please dont install HSMWorks 2017 R2 until you have gotten your new license. If you do install it you will need to revert back to the previous release to get up and running again.

The change to the Autodesk HSM license will influence our release naming for HSMWorks which is going to be a bit confusing. Historically we have followed the SolidWorks major version naming so HSMWorks 2017 would match SolidWorks 2017 and so on. But with this change we plan to keep Inventor HSM and HSMWorks on the same major versions instead. So the major versions for HSMWorks are generally expected some time around April time frame in the future. This is required to avoid confusion about the Autodesk HSM versioning in your account portals. So if you have a license for say Autodesk HSM 2017 you know it will work with both Inventor HSM 2017 and HSMWorks 2017.

For HSMWorks, this means that official support for a new major SolidWorks release will just follow with the next minor R-release that happens to be after the SolidWorks release.

It would be more confusion in the licenses versions didn't match with the individual product major versions than SolidWorks / HSMWorks not matching. But initially it will naturally cause some confusion.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

136 REPLIES 136
Message 81 of 137

these are what I have for 2017 licenses, no HSMWorks.

AD acount 2017 licenses.JPG

Message 82 of 137
Steinwerks
in reply to: fonsecr

No HSMWorks 2017 here either, or HSM package:

Licenses.JPG

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 83 of 137
jeff.pek
in reply to: Lonnie.Cady

Hi all -

Sorry for the confusion. Yes, I'm confused too. And I don't have clear information on exactly what migration has -- or has not -- happened.

A request:

Would those of you who aren't seeing the 2017 entitlements -- for HSMWorks, Inventor HSM, OR Inventor Pro, let me know:

- What sort of entitlement do you have (subscription, maintenance, NFR)

- What you do see (if anything)

- And PM me your existing serial number and contract manager e-mail.

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 84 of 137
ivan.stanojevic
in reply to: jeff.pek

Hi,

I am seeing the same as it was before. Nothing has changed.

aaaaaa.png

Ivan Stanojevic

Message 85 of 137
cjones

Hi - me too.....no changes here

account.jpg

Message 86 of 137
jeff.pek
in reply to: ivan.stanojevic

Hi Ivan -

I think that's OK -- do you also see HSMWorks? or No?

If you go to downloads for Inventor HSM Pro, can you tell me the size of the download?

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 87 of 137
ivan.stanojevic

Hi Jeff,

I don't see HSMWorks. Here are the screenshots:

1.png2.png

Ivan Stanojevic

Message 88 of 137
jeff.pek

Thanks, Ivan. That's your Inventor HSM updates. What about your general download list? What all do you see there, under All Products & Services?

Jeff

Message 89 of 137
ivan.stanojevic

@jeff.pek

I see only Inventor HSM PRO. (same as before)

Ivan Stanojevic

Message 90 of 137
jeff.pek

Hi all -

A quick update:

1) Migrations of existing customer accounts (both maintenance and subscription) have still not happened. 

2) Some customers are seeing "HSM". I'm thinking that these are new(er) customers/contracts.

3) There will be different presentation of the entitlements in the Account Portal, depending on whether account is subscription or perpetual+maintenance.

Jeff

Message 91 of 137

So the 2017 HSMWorks license we got is just that.

At least that is figured out.

We'll hear when there is more news.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Message 92 of 137
cjones

Dear Autodesk - I'm confused now.....please see my initial enquiry and then response from Autodesk.

Please clarify.

thanks,

Chris.

"Dear Chris Jones, 

Thank you for contacting Autodesk.

I am following up on your inquiry with regards to the HSM Premium license. 

There will be no major changes in your Autodesk account except for changes on the license details; serial no., product name and product key will be different.

Please feel free to contact Autodesk or reply back to this email for further clarifications.

Best regards,
Delphine Ang
Global Customer Support & Operations

Original Request:

As a current Inventor HSM Customer (on a maintenance contract) I understand via the grapevine that I will be migrated to Autodesk HSM Premium (for which I'm very grateful). Please can you tell me when I'll see the changes in my account?

CaseNo:12581390.

Message 93 of 137
jeff.pek
in reply to: cjones

Hi Chris -

I've sent mail to the support engineer who responded to you, to get a little more information here.

I'll PM you what I find out.

Could you show me (in a PM) exactly what you see in your Account Portal page?

Jeff

Message 94 of 137
cjones

Hi Jeff - thanks.

I'll send you a PM in a sec ref what I see in my Account Portal.

cheers,

Chris.

Message 95 of 137
cjones

Hi All - well since a couple of hours ago Inventor Professional has turned up in my Portal.....so really pleased (and massive thanks Autodesk!).  Hopefully Fusion 360 will show up too at some point 🙂

Chris.

.3.jpg

Message 96 of 137
electromechanica

Inventor showed up in my account too. No fusion yet though.
Steve
Message 97 of 137

Inventor showed up here also, but has anyone had any success in installing it?

I get the serial number correct but the product key is invalid.

Message 98 of 137
Steinwerks

Still no new licensing here on the work account.

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 99 of 137
jeff.pek
in reply to: Steinwerks

@Steinwerks - HI Neal, looks like you have a subscription entitlement. I think the migrations have not yet completed for these. Maintenance contracts should be in place.

Jeff

Message 100 of 137
jeff.pek
in reply to: Lonnie.Cady

Hi Lonnie -

Can you tell me which build you downloaded, and which product key you're trying?

Either here or as PM is fine.

For Inventor, you'll need to use the Inventor product key (797I1).

Thanks,

Jeff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report