Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSMWorks 2017 R2

136 REPLIES 136
Message 1 of 137
fonsecr
3213 Views, 136 Replies

HSMWorks 2017 R2

HSMWorks 2017 R2 will be made available shortly. And just wanted to let you know in advance before I make it public on hsmworks.com.

You should have started receiving mails of the release / changes. If not, expect them soon 🙂

With the HSMWorks 2017 R2 release we have merged the licensing for Inventor HSM and HSMWorks so the products are activated with the same license for "Autodesk HSM" or just "HSM".

Please dont install HSMWorks 2017 R2 until you have gotten your new license. If you do install it you will need to revert back to the previous release to get up and running again.

The change to the Autodesk HSM license will influence our release naming for HSMWorks which is going to be a bit confusing. Historically we have followed the SolidWorks major version naming so HSMWorks 2017 would match SolidWorks 2017 and so on. But with this change we plan to keep Inventor HSM and HSMWorks on the same major versions instead. So the major versions for HSMWorks are generally expected some time around April time frame in the future. This is required to avoid confusion about the Autodesk HSM versioning in your account portals. So if you have a license for say Autodesk HSM 2017 you know it will work with both Inventor HSM 2017 and HSMWorks 2017.

For HSMWorks, this means that official support for a new major SolidWorks release will just follow with the next minor R-release that happens to be after the SolidWorks release.

It would be more confusion in the licenses versions didn't match with the individual product major versions than SolidWorks / HSMWorks not matching. But initially it will naturally cause some confusion.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

136 REPLIES 136
Message 21 of 137

@Steinwerks wrote:

@Laurens-3DTechDraw Katinka sent me an email saying she was looking into it. I expect as much, but who knows? That's why I ask Smiley Wink

@fonsecr Will report when it shows up. Nothing for personal or work yet.

@fonsecr @Steinwerks Nothing yet here.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Message 22 of 137
scottmoyse
in reply to: fonsecr

Will a HSMXpress build follow shortly after?

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 23 of 137
fonsecr
in reply to: scottmoyse

Sure, we'll get that updated too.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 24 of 137
scottmoyse

Cool. I'm hoping it will fix the installation problem I submitted to support. Bob Holland was looking into it.

Scott Moyse
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 25 of 137
scottmoyse

Is there going to be a corresponding Inventor HSM build that will reflect these license changes as well? How will cascading work with network licenses? Will HSMWorks user now be able to borrow network licenses?

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 26 of 137
electromechanica

@scottmoyse
I am able to borrow licenses on Hsmworks now using the last couple development releases.
Message 27 of 137

Grandfathered pricing on ultimate still gets a little messy; If for instance there's a glimmer of hope that in the future you can drop back to just fusion ultimate, it might be worthwhile to keep that license going.

Rob Lockwood
Maker of all the things.
| Oculus | | Locked Tool | | Instagram |

Message 28 of 137

@Rob.Lockwood wrote:

Grandfathered pricing on ultimate still gets a little messy; If for instance there's a glimmer of hope that in the future you can drop back to just fusion ultimate, it might be worthwhile to keep that license going.

@Rob.Lockwood

You could just start a new subscription at that point. But I assume you are hinting at the early bird normal price for Ultimate lock-in?

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 29 of 137
Steinwerks

@fonsecr

I was assigned an HSM Ultimate license via the EE program but the license doesn't work with the current 2017 R1 development release. 😂

This is a new license though and not an upgrade from Inventor HSM. No change from the work license though.
Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 30 of 137

@Steinwerks wrote:
@fonsecr

I was assigned an HSM Ultimate license via the EE program but the license doesn't work with the current 2017 R1 development release. 😂

This is a new license though and not an upgrade from Inventor HSM. No change from the work license though.

That the new license isn't backwards compatible is an issue for network users like me.

I mean usually I run the latest development version, while the other run a version I have tested myself for a while and I know works.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 31 of 137

HSMWorks 2017 R2 is now available as a development release since licenses are now available for many users.

Note that you cannot activate HSMWorks 2017 R2 until you get the HSM 2017 license from your Account Portal. Until you get the license only Trial mode would be possible. So please check your portal before installing HSMWorks 2017 R2 even if you already are running HSMWorks 2017 R1.

We will make HSMWorks 2017 R2 fully public as soon as all licenses have been issued.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 32 of 137
scottmoyse

Does Inventor HSM need an update for the Bundle licensing to work as well?

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 33 of 137

No HSM license yet for me.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 34 of 137

@scottmoyse: Inventor HSM 2017 Update 2 supports use of the Autodesk HSM license.

@Laurens-3DTechDraw: I'm told that the migrations are nearly complete.-- they're running a batch this weekend, and expect the bulk of folks to be complete by tomorrow.

Jeff

Message 35 of 137
scottmoyse
in reply to: jeff.pek

Thanks Jeff... Which build is Update 2 please? I haven't seen them referred to like that before.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 36 of 137
scottmoyse

Also do these licences behave like the Collection licenses do? The products within it are collectively activated to restrict the number of activations across both products?

How does cascading work between Autodesk HSM Premium & Ultimate with network licensing? We're hoping it works like the Inventor vs Inventor Professional network licence cascading used to work.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 37 of 137
jeff.pek
in reply to: scottmoyse

It's release 4.3. I believe the exact build is 4.3.0.50.

Regarding activations: generally yes, though you may see a prompt for a serial number if you launch, say HSMWorks. They will both allow the same serial number and product key, and are collectively activated.

The exception, only for 2017, is Inventor. We weren't able to get updates into Inventor to recognize the Autodesk HSM product key, so it will be separately activated. This should join the collective activation with 2018.

Autodesk HSM Premium should cascade to Autodesk HSM Ultimate.

Jeff

Message 38 of 137

@jeff.pek wrote:

It's release 4.3. I believe the exact build is 4.3.0.50.

Regarding activations: generally yes, though you may see a prompt for a serial number if you launch, say HSMWorks. They will both allow the same serial number and product key, and are collectively activated.

The exception, only for 2017, is Inventor. We weren't able to get updates into Inventor to recognize the Autodesk HSM product key, so it will be separately activated. This should join the collective activation with 2018.

Autodesk HSM Premium should cascade to Autodesk HSM Ultimate.

Jeff

So you are saying Inventor HSM users get two serials for 2017?

One for Inventor and one for HSM? Or do you just activate separately with the same key?

I thought we were going through all this mess to make it simpler not make complicated.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 39 of 137

I think the serials will be the same, but there will be different product keys, and so separate activations. Not ideal, but that's where we ended up for 2017. For 2018 -- likely in April -- this will come together a bit better.

Jeff

Message 40 of 137

@jeff.pek wrote:

I think the serials will be the same, but there will be different product keys, and so separate activations. Not ideal, but that's where we ended up for 2017. For 2018 -- likely in April -- this will come together a bit better.

Jeff

@jeff.pek

Just for your info, I've not yet got a new license.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report