Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSMWorks 2016 R3 release candidate

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
fonsecr
1032 Views, 20 Replies

HSMWorks 2016 R3 release candidate

HSMWorks 2016 R3.40968 is now a release candidate. If no major issues are found we will make it available to all users as soon as possible. Other fixes can be included in additional R3 releases as required.

http://www.hsmworks.com/download/experimental

We do have summer vacation coming up and most of the team will be out in July so now is a good time to get R3 finalized. I would expect HSMWorks R4 to be out some time end of August.

René

René Fonseca
Software Architect

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

So no real changes from HSMWorks2016-R3.40964 ?

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Message 3 of 21

I would say that besides the listed improvements made to the existing strategies. My main priority has been to get as many major issues fixed as possible which I think is important. But looking ahead we do have new features in the pipeline. Will post on these as they become ready.

René

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 4 of 21

@fonsecr wrote:
I would say that besides the listed improvements made to the existing strategies. My main priority has been to get as many major issues fixed as possible which I think is important. But looking ahead we do have new features in the pipeline. Will post on these as they become ready.

René

I think we miss understood each other.

We have a whole lot of fixes since the last official release.

But my question was about the difference between HSMWorks2016-R3.40964 and the new HSMWorks2016-R3.40968 since the list includes all the fixes from the last official version and not the difference with the last development version.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 5 of 21

Ok. This update just fixed some internal stuff like error messages. These dont show up in the history.

I did include the full list of changes since R2 so it is clear what has changed. But that list will automatically go away again on next update.

René

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 6 of 21
Steinwerks
in reply to: fonsecr

What about CAM-3171? Still not on the fixed list.

That and probing are my major desires.
Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 7 of 21
fonsecr
in reply to: Steinwerks

1. Looks like CAM-3171 WCS issue is already on the todo but not yet addressed. I bumped up the ticket now though so I can follow up on it. Once it is fixed we can make a new release fast.

2. We are for now just going to make sure probing works in Inventor HSM with all the right features - some are still being worked on. After that we are going to consider the other products.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 8 of 21
Steinwerks

1) Thanks! It's been a big headache for me, and likely others as well, and I am not in as easy a situation to program everything in assemblies as many may be.

2) Just registering my hopes! Smiley Wink Been seeing Tim and Al's videos and dreaming a bit is all.

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 9 of 21

@fonsecr wrote:
Ok. This update just fixed some internal stuff like error messages. These dont show up in the history.

I did include the full list of changes since R2 so it is clear what has changed. But that list will automatically go away again on next update.

René

Clear.

Sounds good.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 10 of 21
fonsecr
in reply to: Steinwerks

#CAM-3171 is fixed in the latest HSMWorks development release.

I plan to do a new public release some time next week before the July summer vacation kicks in.

So if you do find any related WCS issues let us know and we might be able to look for that release.

René

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 11 of 21
Steinwerks

Excellent news, René, thank you!
Neal Stein

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 12 of 21

@fonsecr wrote:
#CAM-3171 is fixed in the latest HSMWorks development release.

I plan to do a new public release some time next week before the July summer vacation kicks in.

So if you do find any related WCS issues let us know and we might be able to look for that release.

René

I found that now it no longer selects and defaults to use coordinate system when one is preset like it did before.

I send in feedback and a video on this.(But can't share those here.)

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 13 of 21

Hi Laurens, 

Thanks for the quick feedback! The reason for this is that now the Default Parameters are loaded when you create a new job. However, I've just changed the behavior and it now prefers the Coordinate System if one is available, otherwise it will revert to the default value.

It's probable that in the future we'll reconsider the relationship between default values and smart suggestions, and decide who has precedence.

I hope this works for you!

Kind regards,

Mircea

Mircea Rohat

CAM Software Developer

Message 14 of 21

@mircea.rohat wrote:

Hi Laurens, 

Thanks for the quick feedback! The reason for this is that now the Default Parameters are loaded when you create a new job. However, I've just changed the behavior and it now prefers the Coordinate System if one is available, otherwise it will revert to the default value.

It's probable that in the future we'll reconsider the relationship between default values and smart suggestions, and decide who has precedence.

I hope this works for you!

Kind regards,

Mircea

Hi Mircea,

Thanks!

May I do a smart suggestion? If we start doing such things would it be an idea to have these editable for the user? I mean I would understand that not everybody uses a Coordinate system for programming(They should but that's a different battle) but for me not having it default to that would cause me to always do a series of clicks extra. (So setting own defaults or suggestion rules would be better for different users.)

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 15 of 21

Just made a new public release. HSMWorks2016-R3.41038 / June 27, 2016. Before July vacation time 🙂

René

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous

Hi Rene, 
Thanks for working to get updates out!  

Can you give us an idea of what was updated in this version? 

The change log didn't show any updates.

Thanks and have a great vacation!

Steve

Message 17 of 21
fonsecr
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Steve,

The latest public release is fixing some default handling issues in the Job. And some other stuff. You can see the list of changes by clicking history.

However, you might be asking about the latest development release. For that one I fixed an issue for the post processor that could cause undesired drilling XY positioning. But not included in history for now. And I didnt think it was important enough to make it into the public release just before vacation.

René

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 18 of 21
Rich_Becker

Just wondering if there will be new R3 release for Xpress?

Message 19 of 21
fonsecr
in reply to: Rich_Becker

Hi Rich,

I'll skip R3 and make an HSMXpress R4 when HSMWorks R4 is ready. Just to have to avoid users updating twice on the short term.

René

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 20 of 21
Rich_Becker

Awesome, thanks René

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report