Helius PFA Forum (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Helius PFA Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Helius PFA topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error inserting S-N data in Material Manager

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
ricardo.e.monteiro.casaca.marques
2461 Views, 10 Replies

Error inserting S-N data in Material Manager

Hi everyone,

When inserting S-N data in Helius PFA Material Manager editor, the following error message was presented:

Error.png

The editor asks for 5 data points, and I used commas to separate them - just as mentioned in the editor - but I still can't figure out what might be the problem.

I appretiate any help given.

Best regards, 

Ricardo

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Hi Ricardo,

Can you send us the material and the dataset? You might have blnak spaces at the end of your line, which could cause issues.

-Doug

Message 3 of 11

Hi, 

Thank you for your reply.

In attachment, I send you the mdata and input files of the material I was using to first test the software on my computer (without data in the fatigue tab, since the software doesn't allow me to optimize and save the material with "wrong" fatigue data inserted).

The fatigue data points that I wanted to first insert (just for test purposes) are the ones exhibited in Helius PFA tutorial, and displayed in a formatted manner in the attached excel file I also send to you. Right after I copy the excel values to the tab and change to another tab, the error message occurs.

Hope these files can be useful to answer my question. 

Best regards,

Ricardo

Message 4 of 11

Hi Ricardo,

There are a few things with the dataset you need to fix if you ar ejust copying and pasting the data:

1. There will be an extra line after you paste, which must be deleted
  2. Tabs will be inserted between the commas. These need ot be deleted
  3. An extra comma is placed at the end of the line (it's also in your Excel sheet). This needs to be removed
Message 5 of 11

Hi,

Once again, thank you for your response.

Before I wrote this question in this forum, I was following the last 2 steps you've mentioned after copying and pasting the excel data.

I tried now to follow all the steps you mentioned, and taking just the first excel data line, the error still happens, as you can see in the picture I sent as attachment.

Best regards,

Ricardo

Message 6 of 11

Hey Ricardo,

I will keep investigating. For now, I would try typing them in by hand with commas separating the values. That should work.

Message 7 of 11

Hi,

The same error occurs if I type, for simplicity, " 1,2,3,4,5 " (image in attachment).

I first thought that could be a problem of Windows 10 (since the system requirements only mention windows 7 and 😎 but the same error occured in a laptop with windows 7 installed; I also thought it could be a problem of the 2016 version, but when I installed the version of 2015, the same error occured. So then I thought it should be a problem of data input, but it has been difficult to figure out the source of the problem...

I appretiate the effort in finding a solution to the problem, I will wait for any updates on this matter.

Best regards, 

Ricardo

Message 8 of 11

Hi Ricardo,

I am not able to duplicate this in my build. I can enter all of the data in your spreadsheet, remove the tabs, and remove the comma at the end of each line. The error you are showing does not occur on my machine.

Can you send me the build number (it should list it in Help), as well as your operating system?

We have a new release coming out soon. Maybe that will fix the problem.

Message 9 of 11

Hi,

Material Manager 2016

And my operating system is Windows 10 Pro 64 bits

Are these the correct informations you need?

I thank you, once again, for your help.

Best regards,

Ricardo

Message 10 of 11

Hi,

You've mentioned that, in your build, you can insert the data of the excel file without any error.

So I was thinking if you could send me the mdata and input files with the data inserted, so I could see if my build could open them, and if I could make any changes to the tab data without any further errors.

Best regards,

Ricardo

Message 11 of 11

As a followup I wanted to point out that regional settings on operating systems can sometimes raise issues when handling numbers. If a situation is encountered we can take a look and find a solution. This issue has been resolved.

Dean Rose

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report