Community
Game Making Forum
Your discussion topics are welcome!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is the ideal choice for DAZ Characters (Maya, 3ds Max, or Maya LT)?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Alexor14!
4423 Views, 3 Replies

Which is the ideal choice for DAZ Characters (Maya, 3ds Max, or Maya LT)?

What's up Autodesk Community I'm very new to Autodesk Software even though I've had an account for a while. I've been focusing on Blender so much to get it to work well with my DAZ Genesis Characters. Anyway I've never tried to use Autodesk Software with DAZ Studio before so I was wondering do any of you know of or have a recommendation of which Autodesk Software I should use? Like if anyone here has used DAZ Studio with Maya, 3ds Max, or even Maya LT and knows which one works the best please let me know I'll really appreciate it!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dulichhanquoc84
in reply to: Alexor14!

i like 3d max, i think you can try all of them to find the best

Tour du lich Han Quoc

Message 3 of 4
Alexor14!
in reply to: dulichhanquoc84

I have found the exact solution which is the software you stated that you like. I have tried both Maya and Maya LT and neither of them worked how I wanted however 3ds Max which is the one I haven't used before worked like a charm with my DAZ Genesis characters! It even imported all of the facial morphs which suprised me. Anyway thanks for the tip bro. Cheers!

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Alexor14!

I'm always finding that only one software it's not enough

Animators use Maya and MotionBuilder + Daz for the animation part, and I know modellers loves 3ds Max

take a look at this tutorials If you are looking for also how to animated your Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 characters in motion builder and back into Daz.

Motion Builder Animations into Daz Studio

http://www.flipbookmarket.com/blog/how-import-motion-builder-animations-daz-studio 

Characterize DAZ Genesis 2 and 3 into MotionBuilder

http://www.flipbookmarket.com/blog/how-import-and-characterize-daz-genesis-2-and-3-motionbuilde

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report