Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm Completely Lost! How do I...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
eewoodliff327
1150 Views, 5 Replies

I'm Completely Lost! How do I...

The Kung Fu cat mini game with the editable aspects, tutorials, and what nots'. How do I gain access to these after I have downloaded them?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Bennui
in reply to: eewoodliff327

Hey !

Sorry I don't understand your question.

For beginners in Game Developing and making your first 3D game we have this tutorials for you:

Autodesk Make Games learning site:

This is a site that we've made for people who are brand new to making games. If you've never made a game before, or never touched complex 3D tools or a game engine, this is a good place to start. We run you through Concept Art and Design phases, 3D content creation, and then using a game engine. We've also made a bunch of assets available to help brand new game makers get started.

www.autodesk.com/MakeGames

I hope this help !

Benjamin Kraft
Game Developer || Programmer
Camoflaque, GmbH.
Message 3 of 6

Hai..

Can you teach me about make a games??

I want to make a android game..

Thanks..

Message 4 of 6
krisgoku8
in reply to: eewoodliff327

He Means. How would he start the file. Since it is very easy to do the task in unreal which the marketplace design or example is displayed and updated with the launcher where you just double click. This person can't figure out a way to download the marketplace example and load the level and etc. As such a way is is simmplistic in unreal

Message 5 of 6

Hi eewoodliff327,

I'll give you a quick breakdown of how to get the Cat Fu project into Stingray 1.3 (the current version), which requires migrating the project.

NOTE: Please bear in mind this is not a fully complete game, but a simple example of a character moving around a level. It is based off of the Stingray Quick Start Tutorial series you can find here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iccOOOrc8m0&list=PL_6ApchKwjN9mPXtRhL5za_KINjqbWaGV

Here's a short video explaining the step-by-step process:

1. After you have downloaded the entire game kit, extract the zip files onto your hard drive.
  2. In the Catfu-game-kit-assets-build-phase.zip file, you will find the folder Quick Start to Stingray. Enter this folder.
  3. Inside this folder, you will find a Stingray Files folder. This folder contains the Stingray project which includes Quick_Start_Stingray (the actual project files are found here), as well as Quick_Start_Stingray_data (the compiled project files), and Quick_Start_Stingray_wwise (the audio project).
  4. Open Stingray 1.3 (or whichever version you are using).
  5. In Stingray's Project Manager window, click the Add Existing button.
  6. Browse to and select the folder: Quick_Start_Stingray
  7. Press "Select Folder" button in the browse window, and the project will be added to the Project Manager window.
  8. Locate the Quick Start Stingray icon in the Project Manager, and select it, then press the Open button.
  9. When asked if you want to migrate the project, choose Yes/Ok.
  10. Once the project compiles, use the Asset browser to open Level_01, found under Quick_Start_Stingray\content\levels\Level_01
  11. Once the level loads, you can play it using the green Play button on the top left toolbar. You'll need to plug an XBox controller into your PC to move Cat Fu around.

Matthew Doyle
Technical Marketing Manager

-----------------------------

Area Blog: Game Dev Blog
Watch me on Youtube: Youtube.com/MatthewDoyleArt
Check out some of my work at: MatthewDoyle.com
Message 6 of 6

Hello.

There seems to be a problem with the skydome background for the cat-fu project.

I am getting warnings saying that the skydome texture is missing.

How do I fix this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report