Community
Fusion Team, Data, & Project Management
Need help managing your Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Team Hub? Have questions about adding or removing team members, or permissions? Get help from the collaboration experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change or add a project administrator?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
nrogers_mantaro
3098 Views, 4 Replies

How do I change or add a project administrator?

Our Project Admin left the company, now we need their approval to add additional team members.

I see several possible solutions or workarounds:

Can we add an additional administrator? 

Can the project administrator transfer ownership of the project to another user?

Can we change the project permissions so we can invite new users without approval?

Can we (easily) download the entire project and re-upload it as a new project under a new owner?

Thank you for your time,

-Daniel

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi Daniel,

You will want to do several things.  If he is still around, ask him to add another person as an admin to the hub.   That way you have multiple people that can administer the Team Hub.    If he goes into the Admin tab of the hub he can invite or promote other Team Members to Team Admin.  You can also have more than one or two so that you have a backup.  Hopefully he is willing to do that for you guys.  If not let me know and I'll see what our other options are.  

You will also want to change the subscription owner as well as this person has left the company and you want someone else to own the management of the subscription.   You can contact Product Support for help with that, or we can share your with me who support needs to contact for help with the subscription side and I can pass it on to our support team. 

Let me know more details and we can go from there.   Also if it's you they need to contact, is it the same eMAIL address you used to post here?  If that is the case, I can ask them to reach out to you at that address. 

Hope this helps and let us know if the original team admin will do this for you.   

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 3 of 5

Bud, 

Thanks for the quick reply.

We've only begun our migration to Fusion 360, so a lot of the project management features are completely new to us.

Let's take a step back: Team Hub?

I found this tutorial, is this the procedure we should follow?

Regarding licensing:

Over the summer, we had a few college interns come in, who were involved in a pilot program with Fusion. We got a lot of positive feedback (especially the integrated CAM features) so it looks like we'll be sticking with the product. The project owner was one of those interns, so her account should remain with her.

Message 4 of 5

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the update.  The blog is still accurate but the UI elements have changed.  You can now access the transfer option while looking at the Projects.

image.jpeg

Ho-e this helps and have a great weekend. 

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 5

I have a highly related use case that I worry is completely unaddressed by this ownership model:

I'm an independent contractor, so I am the sole admin in my organization, as it ought to be. But I can't transfer admin ownership to a client (for example, when I stop working with a company, or if the company has internal team members that need to take over a project where work is already done). Is there a recommendation to handle this situation, other than "export every individual part in a project"?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report