Community
Fusion Team, Data, & Project Management
Need help managing your Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Team Hub? Have questions about adding or removing team members, or permissions? Get help from the collaboration experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotations not displaying properly

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
bonnrhee
569 Views, 15 Replies

Annotations not displaying properly

I have a drawing that looks fine in AutoCAD.  However, in the Fusion Team viewer there are lots of annotations missing and not displaying properly.

Please see my 2 attachments....you can see how it should look, and what it actually looks like in the Fusion viewer. How can this be fixed?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
BrettWright
in reply to: bonnrhee

hi Bonn,

• Was that file created in AutoCAD or some other product? if AutoCAD, which version?
  • Do you have other files created in the same way that are working ok for you?
  • Can you share it with is so that we can look at it from our side? Send public downloadable link if possible.
Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 3 of 16
bonnrhee
in reply to: BrettWright

I believe the file was created in Autocad LT.  I viewed in Vanilla Autocad.

I will send you a link to the project.

Message 4 of 16
BrettWright

Hi Bonn,

I'm having the team look into this further for you.

• I uploaded the dwg into Team and yep, i see the same thing you do, however a dwf seems to work ok for whatever reason.
  • Then i uploaded that same dwg file into the A360 viewer (a360.autodesk.com/viewer) and the dwg seems to work ok there.  

Stay tuned,

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 5 of 16
bonnrhee

Any updates?  The customer would like to start using Fusion Team ASAP.

Message 6 of 16
BrettWright

hi Bonn, I'll ping the team again on this to see where they're at.

Is it just the one file or are you seeing the same behavior on other dwgs as well at this point?

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 7 of 16
bonnrhee

Multiple files from the customer.
Other Autocad files I upload seem to be ok.
Message 8 of 16
bonnrhee

Multiple files from the customer.
Other Autocad files I upload seem to be ok.
Message 9 of 16
BrettWright

is there any difference in the version of AutoCAD they're created in, or if they came from another product initially, or how the dimensions were added?

anything like that perhaps re: why/how they're different than the ones you're uploading and having success with?

Just trying to brainstorm a bit here,

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 10 of 16
bonnrhee

is there any difference in the version of AutoCAD they're created in, or if they came from another product initially, or how the dimensions were added?

The files from the customer were created in vanilla autocad or autocad LT. I don't have much more information.

anything like that perhaps re: why/how they're different than the ones you're uploading and having success with?

The ones I uploaded are from data sets or from help files.

Message 11 of 16
BrettWright

A quick update here Bonn,

The team is still working on this and trying to figure out exactly what is causing the issue.

No ETA on when will be resolved, but i'll keep you up to speed here.

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 12 of 16
BrettWright

hi Bonn,

Just heard back from the team.

They found that because there are entities that have a thickness value, that is what is generating the 3D view, which really shouldn't be happening since only in 2D

Try the below steps to remove all thickness' from the entities and then resave / reupload. That is what then worked for our team.

Steps in AutoCAD commandline in “Model” tab of DWG:

CHANGE / ALL / Properties / Thickness / 0.0

Have a great weekend 🙂

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 13 of 16
BrettWright

Hi Bonn,

Can you let me know if all worked out ok for you now on this case?

Please let me know,

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 14 of 16
bonnrhee

I replied last week…it did not work for me.  Has your team tried it?

Here is what I did:

Command: CHANGE

Select objects: all

12062 found

2 were not in current space.

Select objects:

Specify change point or [Properties]: p

Enter property to change [Color/Elev/LAyer/LType/ltScale/LWeight/Thickness/TRansparency/Material/Annotative]: t

Specify new thickness <varies>: 0.0

Enter property to change [Color/Elev/LAyer/LType/ltScale/LWeight/Thickness/TRansparency/Material/Annotative]:

Cannot change thickness for MTEXT.

Cannot change thickness for DIMENSION.

Cannot change thickness for HATCH.

Cannot change thickness for LEADER.

Cannot change thickness for BLOCKs.

Cannot change thickness for SPLINE.

Message 15 of 16
BrettWright

hi Bonn, 

I didn't see any reply here in the forum thread or in my private message area here in the forums, so my apology for missing that.

Yes, our internal team tried what i recommended to you which then eliminated the 3D view (which maybe we wrongly assumed shouldn't be there in the first place?)

Let me know if we approached this in the wrong way.

Here is the public link to the final file that they produced (below) as well the steps they took that might provide more clarity for you.

http://a360.co/2gQUNwi 

Notes from the team: 

I think it is due to some objects having a “THICKNESS” property > 0. So that gives the DWG some “3D” quality and triggers creation of a 3d view.

Can you see if the attached file works more as-expected with just a 2d-view and no 3d view?

I suspect there are still some objects (maybe inside BLOCK inserts) that still have non-zero elevation &/or thickness because when I set the AutoCAD “VPOINT” to being an edge-on view such as 1,1,0 I can zoom-in and see some things still have thickness. But when I uploaded this edited/resaved DWG to LMV it seemed to produce only a 2d view for me.

Here’s what I did:

I used QSELECT to find the culprits… 744 LINEs have various, non-zero THICKNESS.

I had to repeat the operation for the other objects in the DWG as well

e.g. POLYLINEs … 54 had non-zero THICKNESS of 0.544

CIRCLEs … 36 had various non-zero THICKNESS

ARCs … 132 had various non-zero THICKNESS

bonn 1.jpgbonn 2.jpg

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 16 of 16
BrettWright

Bonn, here is some additional info as well for you that i got from our team on this, re; what you saw re: the messages as well the intent of what you're trying to do.

• The messages that you saw re: “Cannot change thickness for MTEXT, DIMENSION, HATCH, etc. are expected. 
  • The key is that thickness will have been changed for the objects that do have thickness LINEs, POLYLINEs, CIRCLEs, ARCs.)
  • The final important item here is also to make sure that you re-upload the file AFTER running your CHANGE command and re-saving the file which then should only generate a 2D view.

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report