Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11

64 REPLIES 64
SOLVED
Message 1 of 65
andy.aitkenJ30ACA
16186 Views, 64 Replies

Windows 11

Hi all

I am itching to try Windows 11 but concerned that I could run in to issues with my Fusion. what's the latest on this release with F360 please

64 REPLIES 64
Message 2 of 65

I and I use the term loosely, upgraded to Windows 11. Fusion 360 does not launch properly. If I double click on the Fusion Icon, it looks like it is thinking about launching, and then doesn't. 

Sometimes, however if I restart my computer, 360 will launch, but not always.

Message 3 of 65

@Tony-Warren Can you look into your graphics to begin with to see if they are update to date and support Windows 11? We are working internally to officially support Windows 11 but graphics could be some of the issues that you are seeing. If you are stuck in this state again would you be ok to share your dump file for Fusion?

image2021-11-8_21-45-39.png

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 4 of 65

thanks for the insight Tony, I think ill hold off for a couple of months till Autodesk say OK

Message 5 of 65
Anonymous
in reply to: RajkumarIlanchelian

@rajkumar.ilanchelian, I'll send you my dump file. I'm having the same issue where Fusion 360 won't launch. My new laptop has Windows 11, and Fusion 360 initially launched after I installed the program but not since then. Program seems dead in the water... it won't uninstall either, just unresponsive.
Thanks, and let me know where I can send you the dump file.

Message 6 of 65
Anonymous
in reply to: Tony-Warren

Mine does the same has been doing the same thing all day but on Windows 10 .

Message 7 of 65

@Anonymous The easiest way to do that would be to create a project in Fusion 360, upload the file and then you can invite me into the project (rajDOTkumarDOTilanchelianATautodeskDOTcom). This would be the easiest to share the data.

@Anonymous It would be great if you can share the files as well. 

In task manager, see if there any Fusion 360 process that is running that could be ended that helps?

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 8 of 65

I also have start up issues with F360 in Windows 11.  F360 started up OK directly after the Windows 11 upgrade from windows 10, but does not start up completely anymore. F360 renders the canvas, but before any menus or buttons show, the program shuts down. I have tried various compability options, with no success. 

Message 9 of 65

@henrik.hagmanATU63 Would it be possible to send us log files running process monitor on this machine? 

1. Close all other applications if possible

2. Download Process Monitor for windows and run the exe
3. Start capture in process monitor

4. Launch Fusion

5. When it shutdown - Save in process monitor

Attach file here. We are hoping this could show into what is happening on your machine. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 10 of 65

Hi Rajkumar,
thanks for a swift reply!
I followed your recommendation and tried this, but I will need some more instructions, I think, since when I start process monitor I record around 1.5 million events from when I start Fusion 360 to when F360 shuts down unexpectedly some seconds later.

So, should I filter the events, or do you want the whole bunch? Also, which format du you prefer, the native Microsoft process monitoring file is around 460 Mb.

Regards
Henrik

Message 11 of 65

@henrik.hagmanATU63 Don't need to filter and save it in the default format tells you. You can then zip this up to see if it gets some what smaller. If you can share it here, please do that but if it does not let you share a larger file, can you please create a folder in one of your project (or create a test project ) and place this file in there and add invite me to that project? rajDOTkumarDOTilanchelianATautodeskDOTcom? 

Really appreciate your help here and we are hoping this will provide us more details on what is happening here. (If you disconnect internet and start Fusion 360, does it launch fine and remain without closing? )

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 12 of 65

Hi,

Wow, The Zipping part really did the work on the log file!

Attached you find the Process monitoring file. The Fusion 360 behaved exactly as earlier described also during the process monotoring.

I really appreciate your effort!

Message 13 of 65

Hi again,

I now also tried to disable my network devices, and yes, Fusion 360 did start and remain open with the internet connection cut-off!

When I re-enabled the network functionality just to double check, I was back to same old problem with F360 starting up, showing the canvas without menus, and the shutting down.

Regards
Henrik

Message 14 of 65

@henrik.hagmanATU63 Thank you for the logs and also checking it in offline mode. We are taking a look at the logs now. Will keep updating here. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 15 of 65

I have the same issue. Fusion 360 doesn't start in Windows 11. The Dump file is 1.3 Gigabyte

Message 16 of 65

This seems to be an issue for me when I have a file that was automatically saved by fusion, and fusion wants to recover it.  If I disconnect from the internet then fusion will launch and show me the dialogue to delete or open the recovered file.  Once the program is open I can turn the internet back on and resume working.  How ever if I close the program I need to restart this process again.

Message 17 of 65

This also worked for me! I ran into the same issue of Fusion 360 crashing after loading the canvas at startup. I reinstalled the program and then started experiencing the issue again today. Disabling my internet connection before startup has been the only consistent solution.
Message 18 of 65

Working offline is certainly not the solution here since this means that your changes are not being saved to the cloud. We are actively investigating what could be happening here. Regarding the recovery files that was called out about, We are discussing a few options to try. I will post here shortly. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 19 of 65

@a.espositojr @DTMEngineering @henrik.hagmanATU63 @lemeryb 

Can you please look at this location:
 C:\Users\<windows-id>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk Fusion 360\<cloud id folder>\ in there is there a "crash recovery" folder? IF there is can you back up that folder, then delete that folder and then try to launch Fusion (this is with the internet connection).  

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 20 of 65

In this instance, one does not have to work offline.  Start fusion while disconnected, and then reconnect to the internet and it continues to run normally until it is closed again.  It is a wonky work around for the time being.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums