Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window management is a mess

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ltomuta
120 Views, 2 Replies

Window management is a mess

In the same vein as https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-support/bug-parameters-dialog-opened-in-the-background-blocks-... I have found another case of Fusion blocking itself with its own hidden modal window.

I was replying to a post here and need to share a link to a document. So I copied the share link and continued posting, forgetting Fusion in the background with the share dialog open.

Meanwhile the WiFi dropped and I had to fix the connection. After that, going back to Fusion I found it showing a "network unavailable" message. I dismissed it and while waiting for Fusion to recover from the "offline" state I was clicking the window only to get back "window does not have input focus" chime. Only when after several clicks I clicked on the taskbar icon did the hidden share link dialog window showed up in foreground, I had totally forgotten about it, and I was able to solve the problem by closing it.

So at least this one should be easy to test: open share dialog, disconnect the network, see what happens...

Cc. @Phil.E 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ltomuta
in reply to: ltomuta

Note how the share dialog only goes away when Fusion is briefly taken to background.

Message 3 of 3
Phil.E
in reply to: ltomuta

Thanks for posting this. I have not had success reproducing this, but I can check with other testers.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums