Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will there ever be an option to render above 4000x4000 pixels?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
masiethecheese
141 Views, 3 Replies

Will there ever be an option to render above 4000x4000 pixels?

Hello, I'm trying to get in some extremely high quality renders of a product I designed, however the limit is 4000x4000 pixels and I have no idea how to get around it. I did mess around with substance painter however it did not provide the same level of quality I experience with Fusion's rendering. I've been planning to render at 16K (15360 × 8640) locally since I have the GPU for it. Even setting it to in-canvas and cranking the lever to infinite still hasn't really given the ideal product.
I read in an earlier forum that it isn't a priority, however that was a few years ago.

Thank you for reading.

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I will pass along this feedback @masiethecheese. Please note - the current renderer is actually CPU-bound, and does not leverage the GPU.

Lance Carocci
Fusion 360 QA for UI Framework/Cloud Workflows, and fervent cat enthusiast
Message 3 of 4

seems weird to be using CPU instead of GPU, either way its no issue.
thanks for passing it along
Message 4 of 4
zicher2
in reply to: masiethecheese

Hi' It's CPU because it runs on cloud instances where GPUs are not guaranteed (the big ones with a lot of memory). For management and cost purposes, a CPU only solution is more desirable on cloud.

Back to your high-res/high-quality requirements. My opinion is that Fusion quality is good, but for specialized renderings I would suggest to use specialized tools. Fusion lighting is also limited to environment maps and emissive materials. 

On cloud the 4K max limit guarantees that the service works for everybody. While it's technically possible for the renderer to render any size as long as memory allows it, the service needs some boundaries and cost controls.

My suggestion, if you need some hero images for marketing, is to use external tools.

There is no way to export from Fusion maintaining the exact materials, but if you get the model into 3ds Max for example, you can use Arnold materials and lighting to do much better renderings. It will require some manual work  to recreate the materials and set up proper lighting. 16K images will take a while to render, even on GPU.

If you need assistance I can try and help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums