Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When rendering my CPU usage is at 100% and my GPU usage is at 1%. The rendering is taking so long. I have the GTX 1080 so I should be able to render my object very fast.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mouayad.al123
1226 Views, 3 Replies

When rendering my CPU usage is at 100% and my GPU usage is at 1%. The rendering is taking so long. I have the GTX 1080 so I should be able to render my object very fast.

How do I make Fusion use my GPU or both GPU and CPU to make my renderings faster?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

The first thing to make sure of is that Fusion 360 is actually using your dedicated GPU.  Often if you have an "onboard" graphics chip and you also have a dedicated video card, Fusion may pick up the wrong one to use.  This was my case until I used the Nvidia Setup routine to tell Fusion 360 to use my Quadro 2000M, a rather old card but better than the onboard graphics.  So go here and make sure for yourself.

GPU.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 4

The Rendering/Raytracing in Fusion 360 does not utilize the GPU at all. It is completely executed on the CPU.
Peter Doering
Message 4 of 4
harpo3196
in reply to: jhackney1972

Same problem here.

CPU: i5 12400

GPU: RX 6650 XT 8Gig

harpo3196_0-1698908601375.png

In rending 100% CPU.............. 1% GPU

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report