Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When editing a Feature, why can't I de-select a face?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
glencandle
74 Views, 2 Replies

When editing a Feature, why can't I de-select a face?

For a few years now I've been annoyed that I can never unselect a face from a selection I've already set for a feature (i.e. Fillet), without deleting the entire selection of faces, edges, etc.

It's annoying because sometimes I'll have dozens of features I want to keep and only one or two I want to de-select.  

For example: I simply want to de-select the large blue face, but I can't, so I have delete the entire selection and then re-select all the other sixteen features that I want to keep:

Screenshot 2023-12-01 221259.jpg

Am I missing something or is there just no way to do this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
davebYYPCU
in reply to: glencandle

Holding down the Cntl or Cmd key, 

allows deselect and reselect, may not work for all cases.

Might help…..

Message 3 of 3
glencandle
in reply to: davebYYPCU

Ha, you'd think after working in CG for more than 20 years I would have known that! 

My defense is that when you start a feature you just click on features to toggle selected/deselected, so I assumed the same functionality when editing a feature.  Kinda weird to have to use the Control key in this instance, but hey at least it works. 

And yes I feel dumb that I didn't try that already 🙃

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report