Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warp one corner of a body?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
carterbilawchuk
130 Views, 5 Replies

Warp one corner of a body?

So am am trying to make a bike frame in fusion 360, and I have a body for the rear triangle, I want to just push one corner inwards, to have clearance for the chain. I am not sure how to do this, and I want a similar effect that I did for the rest of the triangle, by extruding a thick piece, then cutting out the curve, but I only want it on one corner. Is there a way to do that?

carterbilawchuk_1-1696548112987.pngcarterbilawchuk_2-1696548133233.png

carterbilawchuk_3-1696548188191.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

You cannot just "push in" a part of an existing solid body. the only way to do that in Fusion 360 is to modify the inputs (sketches) earlier in the designs timeline. 

Peter Doering
Message 3 of 6

Do you have any suggestions of how I might achieve this using sketches?

Message 4 of 6

Change the dimension circled in red and observe what happens.

Go through the timeline and browser of the attached design  step by step.

TrippyLighting_0-1697053452139.png

Peter Doering
Message 5 of 6

I am trying to just move that one corner inwards, while keeping the top corner connected to the top linkage, and the corner connecting the axle where it is. I just want to move that corner inwards to make room for the chain and chainring, while still having room for the tire. I will attach the fusion360 file. I have also attached a few pictures of what I am gong for. Sorry for my lack of skill in fusion360, I am sure it looks a mess, I only started learning this very recently. Thanks. [Edit: The rear wheel is 29 inches in diameter, and about 2.5 inches wide]

carterbilawchuk_0-1697071243259.png

carterbilawchuk_1-1697071397658.png

carterbilawchuk_2-1697071488511.png

Message 6 of 6

@carterbilawchuk wrote:

I am trying to just move that one corner inwards,

Understood! Did you look at the design I shared?

If so, what did you observe and then conclude based on your observations?

Peter Doering

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report