Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vary sketch dimension based on text length

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
captnshacky
141 Views, 2 Replies

Vary sketch dimension based on text length

Is there a way to change a dimension by referencing text length using a parameter?

For example, If I have a rectangle that's 50x50mm and I create text inside said rectangle that is 50x100mm, can I set a parameter and calculation to automatically increase the rectangle size beyond or to the text size of 100mm?

Thanks for any help

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jhackney1972
in reply to: captnshacky

Attached is an example of what you are talking about.  I chose my own dimensions but the theory is what you are after.  The Length of the box around the text is 20mm longer than the text maximum size and is centered on the text.  The Width is set to the text length divided by two.  These values are for illustration and can be edited to suit.  Please note that the Text_Lgth parameter is a reference dimension and cannot be used outside the sketch it was created in. 

Edit: I forgot to label the Text_Size parameter.  New screen capture and new model is attached.

Text Box.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 3
captnshacky
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report